How you can make your mark
(Re)start your maritime technology career at Boskalis!
With around 600 vessels and auxiliary equipment, Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of exceptional vessels. This vast fleet enables us to undertake a wide variety of offshore, dredging and salvage operations around the globe. The world of Boskalis is fascinating for all those who have a passion for technology, also for those without any prior experience in the maritime field. If you are open to new experiences, willing to learn a lot and don't shy away from taking responsibility, we offer you the opportunity to boost your career by joining the Boskalis Maritime Technology Development Track!
What you will be doing
Over the course of 18 months, you will work on various assignments in three different departments where you will assist experienced Technical Superintendents, while taking responsibility for the tasks at hand and meeting your deadlines. You will be expected to increase your knowledge and skills through active engagement with your colleagues and managers in various stages of diverse projects. Together we will shape your career to become a Technical Superintendent, paying attention to the areas in which you want to develop your skills and knowledge within the scope of your assignments.
You will, together with your colleagues, carry out, coordinate, and supervise maintenance and repair works, ensuring high-quality, on-time delivery. In this operational phase, you will be dealing with a range of vessels and other equipment from our huge fleet. In some roles there is a good chance you will start on a multidisciplinary project where you will be guiding the vessels, tools and equipment, arranging all logistics and technical work ashore. Budgeting and helping with the repair projects might also be a part of your role. The location of your work can be anywhere in the world, depending on the projects to which you are assigned.
What you will be learning
Next to learning on the job, we offer an extensive learning program focused on technical courses. In addition to your assignments, you will have the opportunity to participate in specialized training in your areas of expertise. These courses may cover topics such as Dredging & Offshore equipment, Marine Engineering, Statutory and Classification Certificates and industry compliancy (i.e. IMCA, OCIMF) and more. Next to technical development we find it important to work on your personal development, you can work on your communication and teamwork skills during various courses. Internal and external trainers and a Boskalis mentor will be available to support you in your development.
Your qualities & experience
This is what you need to make your mark in the Boskalis Maritime Technology Development Track:
- Fully completed secondary vocational education (MBO) in mechanical-, marine-, or electrical engineering or similar.
- At least 3-year experience in a technical role.
- Experience in the maritime sector is nice to have but not a must.
- Full time availability.
- Living and eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Willingness to work abroad.
What do we offer
- A dynamic environment: A job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from different backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 26 days (based on a full-time contract) and a number of collective scheduled days off, a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance and foreign posting terms.
- Career development: We offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports field, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Boskalis project site: You will work on groundbreaking projects around the world. Boskalis creates new horizons and execute an extensive range of dredging and marine projects in 90 countries and across six continents.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: Together with 10 new colleagues you will start in the development track and you will be part of the fleet management organization of Boskalis.
- Where you will work: During the development track you will be exposed to assignments in both our Offshore Energy and Dredging Fleet Management departments. When you are committed to an Offshore Energy project, you may prepare at the office for repair, conversions and mobilizations and execute on site at a repair yard and/or onboard of the vessel which can be international or national. During an operational project, you will work on location for six weeks at a stretch, followed by four weeks leave. If you want to become a technical superintendent, it is important that you are willing to travel several times a year for up to 6 weeks at a stretch.
- Full/part-time job: The position is a full-time (40 hours a week) job. Keep in mind that on a project abroad you work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
- Boskalis Maritime Technology Development Track: The development track runs for 18 months and starts in October 2024. However, you can start working at Boskalis on exciting projects even before the development track starts. Detailed information about the development track can be found here.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Maritime Technology Development Track. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Recruiter via +31 (0)6 46042957.
Please apply before 24th of March 2024.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.