How you can make your mark
As an Application Manager you make your mark as a key player in coordinating, configuring, and maintaining crucial applications as our incident management tool Topdesk and divers resource planning systems for our international projects and fleet. You also manage the CMDB within our IaaS environment on Microsoft Azure. This way you offer peace of mind to the rest of the organization and secure that your colleagues can focus on projects involving environmentally sustainable solutions, activities related to climate change and contributions to the circular economy.
Our IT Information Systems department is responsible for a number of crucial applications that effect our whole organization.
Your responsibilities as an Application Manager
- Application Management of our ITSM system (Topdesk).
- Keeping the CMDB up to date for the IaaS services running on Microsoft Azure.
- Technical support for our international resource Planning Systems.
- Responsible / backup for various other services and applications.
- Interfacing and communication with external suppliers and our end-users.
You can make your mark as Application Manager if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of TopDesk and ITSM related processes (ITIL).
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience as a Application Consultant/Manager on bachelor level.
- Service Minded attitude.
- Knowledge at Bachelor level in Computer Engineering or IT.
- A good command of written and spoken English (Dutch is a pré).
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, ranging from an online Pub Quiz and a virtual vessel visit, to sport sessions like Yoga and Bootcamp.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: will consist of 4 other Application Managers / Technical Consultants as part of the IT Information Systems department (16 internal colleagues in total).
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part- time job: The position of Application Manager is a fulltime job (40 hours a week is preferred).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Application Manager.
Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 6 50 08 41 28.
Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.