How you can make your mark
In the role of Category Buyer you are going to make your mark becoming the purchasing specialist in the field of rock. You are responsible for the timely availability of all kinds of rocks in our various projects worldwide. This starts with the tendering phase and ends with the purchase, transport and installation phase. In order to support you in shaping and executing this new role, within a large company such as Boskalis, you will be committed to working within the Seabed Intervention business unit during the first year. You develop this new role together with your colleagues to prove the added value for Rock tenders & projects, enabling them to create winning tender proposals and deliver sustainable and more profitable operations.
After the first year you will be the Category Buyer Rock within our Central Project Procurement department and you will support on Rock tenders and projects, Boskalis widely. You will develop a global sourcing strategy for Rock and will drive the best Category Rock strategy and plans.
You will work closely with your internal stakeholders and with our (group) legal department to negotiate favourable contract terms. The strategies you create answer the business needs in various perspectives; environmental, sustainability, legal / risk management.
As Category Buyer Rock, together with the Rock Department, you will source, introduce and pre-qualify suppliers and next to that you will be responsible for developing new suppliers in new and upcoming regions such as: Asian Pacific, America’s, Africa and Russia.
- Being the linking pin between various specialists such as: the Rock Department (technical rock specification), Subsea Rock Installation (projects and operations) and the Project Buyers (commercial).
- You will support several multidisciplinary project teams and optimize vendor management, coordinate MSA’s, take care of consulting the legal and treasury departments and manage the contracts with various suppliers.
- Operational and commercial support for tenders, contracts and framework agreements, supplier performance assessment, and verification of compliance with agreements and product requirements.
- Assessing and drafting applications and contracts.
- Benchmark prices for the purchase and transport of rock and prepare recommendations for the most optimal and economical solutions as input for tenders and for projects.
- Organize and coordinate the shipment of rock by contracting external transport.
- Plan Stockpile area’s for the storage and (tran)shipment of rock.
You can make your mark as Category Buyer if you have:
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience as a Project Buyer.
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- A Civil engineering background, technical and Marine affinity is key.
- The wider/open view, the ability to manage complex contracts.
- Knowledge of the shipping / transportation market.
- Willingness to / experience with travelling (to remote locations) to perform quarry visits.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, ranging from an online Pub Quiz and a virtual vessel visit, to sport sessions like Yoga and Bootcamp.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of the central Project procurement department and will report directly to the Manager Project Procurement.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part- time job: The position of Category Buyer is a fulltime job(40 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Category Buyer. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 6 50 08 41 28.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.