- Fleet management
Are you a mechanical engineering student looking for a graduate internship? An internship in which you can apply the skills gained in your studies and expand your knowledge on technical fleet support? Would you like to be surrounded by experts and support the international projects of Boskalis? Then you might be a good addition to the Central Fleet Support team!
Our fleet consists of around 900 vessels and pieces of machinery which, together with our employees, form Boskalis’ real capital. Our equipment can be deployed in the optimal configuration for each individual project. Cost leadership is essential to our competitive position and the optimization and standardization of our fleet is a continuous process. The fleet is kept technically shipshape by the Fleet Management teams that cover the planning and maintenance within the different divisions. Expertise on certain techniques is provided by the Central Fleet Support (CFS) team, where you will carry out your internship.
Within your internship you will be working on one or more mechanical engineering assignments. An assignment could relate to a practice that is currently manual labor, but that would be safer, or more efficient, if automated. You could think of an action like changing the head of the cutter. Depending on the assignment, during your internship you will be working with stakeholders from the CFS team and/or the Research & Development team.
To be considered for this graduate internship you:
- are a HBO student following the study track Mechanical Engineering;
- are available as of August/September 2019 for a minimum of 4 months;
- study in/are a resident of the Netherlands;
- have a passion to design;
- are enthusiastic, pro-active and a team player;
- have affinity with innovation and automation;
- are eager to find out what happens in the market and like to do research into the latest technologies;
- are communicative and not afraid to ask questions;
- master the Dutch and English language in word and written.
As an intern, you can expect your hours to be compensated in cash. When demonstrable no longer in the possession of an OV-student travel product, travel costs will be reimbursed on a commuter traffic base. The added value of a graduate internship at Boskalis, however, is particularly in elements like:
- a great deal of responsibility;
- a professional, yet informal working atmosphere;
- colleagues proud of one’s work, the leading projects and Boskalis in general.
Want to know more?
The head office of Boskalis is situated in Papendrecht, the Netherlands. This will be your station during your graduate internship. The interviews for this position are expected to take place in week 27 and 28
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.