- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Do you have a marine/ offshore network in either Europe, Middle East or Americas and are you looking for a dynamic working environment in which you are challenged every day to do better than you did the day before? Do you want to work with your colleagues to further extend the position of Boskalis Marine Services internationally? Then it’s time to come and talk to us about working as a Commercial Manager.
As Commercial Manager you are responsible for all commercial activities for our Offshore Marine Services team for both Projects and Chartering:
- Projects where Boskalis performs F(P)SO Hook up operations, mooring chain installation, (W)ROV Services, Ploughing Services, backfilling operations etc. for both the Oil & Gas and Renewable clients utilizing multiple assets
- Chartering out of the Construction Support Vessels, anchor handling tugs, long-distance towing tugs, barges and Sheerlegs to international clients for both SPOT and Long term contracts.
In doing so, maintaining and expanding existing relationships and entering into new relationships and markets is a big part of your daily activities. You report to the region Director Europe, the Americas and Russia within Boskalis Marine services. At Boskalis, there are sufficient opportunities in the future to grow into another challenging job.
As a Commercial Manager, you establish and maintain relationships with present and future clients such as contractors, brokers and operators in the marine/ offshore and oil & gas industry. You will have a broad scope of work and will definitely not be a one-trick pony, as you will develop business and close the deals yourself supported by our legal and tender organization. Your main challenge will be pro-actively monitoring of opportunities in the international Oil& Gas and Renewable market and acquire new contracts with an acceptable risk profile in order to achieve the business and financial objectives of Boskalis Marine Services. You operate in a highly dynamic ‘spot market’ with short horizons which requires a very pro-active attitude.
Further you have the following main responsibilities:
- Negotiating and closing contracts in accordance with commercial and legal procedures and guidelines in order to meet the targets for Boskalis Marines Services.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and other relevant parties through regular communication in order to promote Boskalis' services, spot opportunities and optimize client satisfaction.
- Monitor and follow up on commercial opportunities within the market.
- Draft & Coordinate pre-qualification documents and commercial proposals.
- Participate in and support the tender team.
- Ensuring commercial information data input on inquiries, contracts, visit reports, competitive information and client information in relevant databases to provide input for the sales plan and to increase sales potential.
- Exchange relevant information within Boskalis Marine Services and with other departments of Boskalis.
- Supporting commercial management of projects by monitoring the agreed budget, timely identifying risks and deviations and identifying opportunities to optimize the financial result.
You are the Commercial Manager we are looking for if you:
- have proven higher professional ability in a technical or maritime field, supplemented with additional experience in commerce and/ or economics;
- have experience in offshore and/or marine transport operations, which is an advantage.
- have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in a sales/commercial position in a complex and international working environment, preferably in chartering of units for the Marine sector;
- have an existing network in the offshore energy industry (marine transport, oil & gas, renewables) preferably in the European, Middle East or the Americas area;
- are willing to travel frequently
- have extensive acquisition and negotiation skills;
- have an excellent command of English;
- recognize the following characteristics: result-focused, culturally sensitive, comfortable in a dynamic environment, precise, client-focused and pro-active.
The job of Commercial Manager is a full-time job (40 hours). You will be located in the head office of Boskalis in Papendrecht, the Netherlands. International travel a substantial part of this position, however the specific region is not yet determined. The region will likely be Europe, Middle East or the Americas.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.