How you can make your mark
As a Crew Coordinator you will make your mark in a multi-faceted role that is critical for the training, development and sustainability of our salvage team. You will be point of contact for the salvage crew, Superintendents, Engineers and Divers and will also have a direct report role for the Engineers and Divers.
In addition you act as interface for salvage crew between Operation Manager, HR, Superintendents and the Warehouse manager. You manage the planning process for the Salvage crew and update the planning on a daily basis. Furthermore you will identify and explore options within Boskalis organization to integrate salvage crew and improve utilization and exposure when demand for salvage operations is low.
- Identify training gaps and potential within salvage teams and keep track/manage training required for certificates or required by Smit Salvage.
- Prepare personal development plan (PDP) for salvage crew in close coordination with Operation Manager EMEA, HR, Superintendents and Warehouse Manager.
- Proper alignment with Project Coordinators to make sure ongoing projects are never short of salvage crew.
- Manage work activities and presence in warehouse in close coordination with Technical Support Manager and Warehouse Manager.
- Expand network of freelance divers, engineers in close cooperation with Superintendents and Project Coordinators.
- All crew related documentation (incl. diver certification) and Holidays planning in close coordination with Operation Manager and Project Coordinators.
You can make your mark as Crew Coordinator if you have:
- At least secondary vocational education.
- Excellent communication skills, both in Dutch and English.
- Administration skills: you are able to create a clear, efficient and adequate project file in SharePoint and keep BIMS up to date to allow efficient searching in case required.
- No problem working outside regular working hours.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 25 days, a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, ranging from an online Pub Quiz and a virtual vessel visit, to sport sessions like Yoga and Bootcamp.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your (online) onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of the Operations Department. In this role you will directly report to the Operations Manager EMEA.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of Crew Coordinator is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Crew Coordinator. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31650084128.
Interested? Please apply before November 28 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.