How you can make your mark
World's longest immersed road and rail tunnel (18 km) The Fehmarnbelt, connects Denmark and Germany. A Data Engineer will make a huge impact on such a project, as we need to report the environmental impact to our client, in the next 5 years. In this role, you secure the right information, at the right time, in the right spot.
A Data engineer combines our Offshore and Dredging knowledge with technology. So based on the data you provide, our tender teams are able to select which tenders they should bid, and how big our chances are. Or the data you provide enables us to determine when to dock our vessels, and how to increase the productivity of our production processes.
Your responsibilities as a Data Engineer:
- Extract, collect, store and process huge sets of (un) structured data from different sources.
- Develop new data pipelines and innovations required by the business on the data platform.
- Build and maintain data warehouse & data lakes in Azure Data platform.
- Close collaboration with data scientists, Management of business units, Fleet management, procurement, marketing and IT.
You can make your mark as Data Engineer if you have:
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience as a Data Engineer.
- A Bachelor’s / degree.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL, SSIS, ADF, GIT, PowerBI en C#.
- Experience on the Azure Data platform.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Dutch.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board’s focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Young Boskalis organizes various online activities, such as yoga, bootcamp, beer & wine tastings and project or vessel visits.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of the Data Analytics and Integration team. This team focuses on Business Analytics, Integration and data management. The team consists of 12 colleagues in different roles, such as Architects, Contract Managers, Data Engineers and a Manager.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of Data Engineer is preferably a fulltime job (40 hours a week) however 36 hours a week is an option.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after the interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Data Engineer. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31650084128.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.