- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Design Manager by providing technical support and managing engineering teams within the framework of (complicated) tenders, projects and designs. Using external engineering suppliers if necessary, within the set requirements (safety, quality, time, budget, legal requirements and other procedures).
You will be responsible for supervising and assessing work to be performed by colleagues, subcontractors and customers in such a way that tenders, projects and designs can be executed within the set of requirements. Evaluating performed work and share learnings with the teams typifies your way of working.
Are you looking for a company that puts building with nature high on the agenda? And are you keen on traveling? Then we’d like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
Your responsibilities as a Design manager:
- taking care of planning, budgeting and staffing by estimating the required amount of work and specific knowledge on the basis of the application in such a way that tender and project preparation can be carried out within the set time frame.
- reporting the tender and / or project progress to internal and external customers and timely signaling of time and / or cost overruns with respect to planning and budget, keeping all parties are aware of the progress at all times.
- drawing up specifications in such a way that the foundation structures can be built within the framework of the customer, according contracts specifications and the budget.
You can make your mark as a Design manager if you will have:
- at least 6 years of working experience in an international, dynamic project environment, preferably in offshore wind.
- a Bachelor’s or master in a technical field, preferably civil engineering, mechanical, or offshore engineering.
- a good command of written and spoken English.
- no problem travelling (within Europe, Middle East, Far East) on a fairly regular basis.
Planning and installation of offshore wind farms can be challenging because of harsh environmental conditions, heterogeneous soil profiles and scheduling risks. Locations are remote, waves are long and the wind turbine sizes are increasing. At Boskalis we want to be a partner our clients can rely on. Rely on our expertise, experience and commitment to execute operations safely, on time and within budget.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex offshore wind projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: you will work in and manage a multidisciplinary team of 5 to 6 engineers with various disciplines (structural, geo technical, electrical). One thing you know for sure you will always work with colleagues that belong to the best in their field.
- Where you will work: your base location is our campus in Papendrecht but as a global company we work all over the world and that’s also your playground.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Please apply before November 30th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.