- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Working for Boskalis Seabed Intervention is more than just having an interesting job. It's about joining a highly skilled team of ambitious professionals who demand the best of themselves and others. It's about thriving in a challenging and stimulating work environment in a results-driven culture. Are you interested and do you want to know more about our company? Please visit our website or apply to find out if we can offer you the next step in your career!
For our Engineering Department we are currently looking for a Lead Engineer Seabed Intervention.
In this role your main responsibility is that all engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe. During project preparation you make sure any interface between engineering, operations and QHSE is covered. During project execution you assist either on the vessel or on the site office. You will lead teams of 3-6 engineers during the complete engineering cycle for medium to complex projects, including management of medium to large subcontracts. In leading your team – you are also coaching your peers where and when required and actively support them in achieving their potential, in close cooperation with the department head.
During the project you will structure, plan and budget the (project) engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time. You distribute the work amongst the project engineers and monitor the work taking into account the capabilities and ambitions of each team member. You will be responsible for translating client requirements to an optimal economic and technical design and work method. You are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and you know the project management procedures and rules of Boskalis Subsea. You will take these into account in carrying out your duties and documenting project information. You will provide support and advise to the Project Manager and department head with regards to project engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project.
Boskalis delivers fully integrated solutions for the offshore installation of oil and gas production facilities. This includes seabed intervention, landfall construction and trenching, offshore transport and installation (T&I) of jackets and topsides. In addition, we offer services to floating structures such as SPARs and floating production, storage and offloading units (FPSOs) including mooring installation, station keeping and hook-up, and subsea installation of umbilicals, risers and flow lines (SURF). We also offer cable laying services.
- Higher Professional Education (Bachelor) in a technical discipline;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a dredging, maritime and/or offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) environment;
- Advanced knowledge of ICT office- and planning applications and basic knowledge of drafting applications;
- You are able to find the right balance client requirements, technical solutions, Boskalis capabilities and engineering hours spend;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role;
- You show leadership, are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality.
What you can expect
- Being part of a professional project team;
- Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis Subsea and parent company Boskalis;
- Work in an organisation in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
- Competitive benefits package.
The job of Lead Engineer is a full-time job (40 hours/week).
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.