- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the engineering processes in the tender and execution phase for the projects Seabed Intervention is pursuing and executing world-wide. You have a key role in coordinating and managing the engineering workload during tenders and overseeing the engineering work on projects to ensure that high-quality work is delivered on time and in accordance with client / contract requirement.
Boskalis Seabed Intervention delivers integrated solutions for subsea infrastructure related projects in the offshore energy market, i.e. Oil & Gas and Renewables. Seabed Intervention focuses on providing integrated solutions for the installation and protection/stabilization of nearshore pipeline systems, including landfall construction, pipeline installation, trenching/backfilling, subsea rock installation and offshore mooring system installation works. In addition, we offer integrated transport & installation services for Gravity Based Structures, including seabed preparations. Seabed Intervention is the global partner of choice for creative and sustainable solutions at an optimum total cost of ownership for our clients.
Your responsibilities as Engineering Manager Seabed Intervention
- As Engineering Manager you are primarily responsible for directing and executing design work and resolving engineering issues for Boskalis Seabed Intervention projects and the design of (alternative) solutions during tenders, (Pre-) FEED studies and on site.
- As Engineering Manager you are able to provide leadership during the design in all stages of a project, and you are aware of the contractual and commercial details of the project.
- As Engineering Manager you are capable of performing initial feasibility / engineering assessments during tenders phase on the design of pipeline systems.
- Interaction with external engineering consultants, including contracting and overseeing their work is an important part of your job.
You can make your mark as an Engineering Manager if you will have:
- Higher Professional Education (Bachelor or Master) in a technical discipline, preferably civil, engineering, mechanical or maritime engineering;
- Extensive experience (5 to 8 years as a minimum) working in similar industry, performing design and/or installation engineering works.
- Experience with design and/or installation engineering for subsea assets (e.g. pipelines and PLEM) is preferred.
- You are able to find the right balance client requirements, technical solutions, Boskalis capabilities and engineering hours spend;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: you will work in various teams around the world. One thing you know for sure you will always work with colleagues that belong to the best in their field.
- Where you will work: as a global company we work all over the world and that’s also your playground.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Engineering Manager is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Engineering Manager. Please contact Roald Treffers, Manager Tenders +31 78 696 8226 or Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.