Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
Hydronamic is the in-house Boskalis design and engineering consultant, specialized in water-based infrastructure. To this end our team combines a wide variety of disciplines including a.o. geotechnics, morphology, marine environment, bed, bank and shore protection, metocean and data engineering. The direct involvement in the building stages of Boskalis projects, both in the Netherlands and internationally, provides the Hydronamic specialists with a unique combination of knowledge about the substance of the design process and a thorough understanding of the practicalities of major construction projects.
Against the background of increasingly complex Boskalis projects, we are currently looking for a Senior Engineering / Design Manager to support our international projects.
The Hydronamic Engineering Manager is primarily responsible for directing design work and resolving engineering issues for Boskalis projects and the design of (alternative) solutions during tenders, feasibility studies and on site. The Engineering Manager is able to provide leadership during the design in all stages of a project, and is aware of the contractual and commercial details of the project. He will lead a team of professionals from multiple disciplines to oversee the design and engineering activities. This work will be executed in a timely and cost effective fashion. Interaction with external engineering consultants, including contracting and overseeing their work is an important part of the job.
You are the Engineering Manager we are looking for if you match the following required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Academic operational and intellectual ability (such as Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Physical Geography or a comparable background, preferably MSc level).
- Extensive experience (8 to 10 years as a minimum) with the management of consultancy projects, for example within an engineering firm.
- Willingness to work abroad on a bachelor contract (You will be employed from home base to our international project sites. Work schedule is 6 weeks on site, 4 weeks of leave).
- Proven ability to expand and maintain a relevant international professional network
- Able to give direction, a decision maker.
- Enthusiastic team leader.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound language skills in both written and spoken English.
Besides that you are a result-minded professional who works best in a dynamic working environment. You are a team player, but you can also work standalone. People describe you as a proactive and result driven Engineering Manager with a strong customer focus who never loses sight of the interests of the organization.
The job of Engineering Manager is a full-time position.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.