How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as an experienced Environmental & Social Manager at Hydronamic, Boskalis’ in house design, engineering and environmental department. The role offers a unique opportunity to integrate sustainability principles into the design and construction. You will be responsible to provide strategic and context specific social, environmental and community stakeholder management expertise to projects in execution.
A good example of our Way of Working on Environmental & Social management is described in Boskalis’ 2018 CSR report on the Turkstream project,https://boskalis.cld.bz/CSR-Report-2018/36/.
As Boskalis is a contractor, your main focus will be on the tender and construction phase of projects. This brings a specific challenge, because of contractor’s position, leverage, time of involvement and responsibility. You need to perceive social impact not only from a risk mitigation perspective, but equally as an opportunity.
You have to be informed and aware of the related design and construction activities and how it will impact the environment.
Your responsibility as Environmental & Social Manager:
- Undertaking social and environmental due diligence and review of projects according to applicable (international) standards and Boskalis codes.
- Ultimately responsible for managing E&S aspects within projects and providing project management with authoritative advice on E&S risk and opportunity management.
- Act as a first point of contact between Project teams, Employer and Authorities for E&S related topics. Collaboration with and coordination of input from other internal E&S specialists where needed to enable a single point of contact for project support.
- Management of E&S project teams, including where needed management of external consultants or subcontractors.
- Responsible for E&S compliance and as such, prepare E&S Management Plans and ensure implementation and execution of the required E&S measures defined in the E&S Management Plans.
- Scoping and supervision of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA), baseline studies, management and monitoring plans and consultation processes in project preparation phases.
- Academic degree in e.g. Sociology, Geography, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Land and Water Management.
- Minimal of 5-10 years of work experience in related fields with: Stakeholder management, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA); International sustainability frameworks such as OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and IFC performance Standards.
- Affinity with the dredging/offshore/construction industry, project execution experience outside Europe is an advantage, within a complex stakeholder environment.
- Strong interpersonal and advisory skills to e.g. senior project management and project execution staff.
- A process, problem solving and action orientated mind-set, hands-on mentality, with ability to draw quick but steady conclusions in tight timeframes.
- Fluent in English. Dutch is an advantage.
- Ability to be based in the Netherlands and willingness to travel on rotation schemes to projects.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 31 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- What’s Hydronamic: Hydronamic is the in-house Boskalis design and engineering department, specialized in water-based infrastructure to support the international projects from Boskalis. To this end our team combines a wide variety of engineering, geotechnical and morphological disciplines alongside our environmental and social specialists. The direct involvement in the building stages of Boskalis projects, both in the Netherlands and internationally, provides the Hydronamic specialists with a unique opportunity to be involved in the design and construction process of some of the world’s most challenging, innovative and sustainable marine infrastructure projects
- Fulltime/parttime job: The function of Environmental & Social Manager is a fulltime job (40 hours a week in Papendrecht and when it concerns project support 6/7 days a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for the job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Environmental & Social Manager within the Boskalis Hydronamic Engineering Department. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter, via +31 (0)646042957.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV not later than May 25th on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.