How you can make your mark
Do you have at least 5 years of work experience as a functional Application Manager in the maritime or construction sector, petrochemical industry or in a production company? Do you want to become the linking pin between the business key users and the SMMS (Ship Maintenance Management System) outsourcing partner? Are you decisive, result-oriented and are you strong connector? Then we would like to talk to you about the position of Functional Coordinator.
In the role of Functional Coordinator you are specifically responsible for the use of the SMMS within its five main groups; Planned Maintenance, SHE-Q, Crew Management, Dry docking and Purchase requisitions. For the key users you are the sparring partner for optimizing business processes in the SMMS and you proactively search for solutions and initiate and start improvement processes. You get your input for the improvement processes from the meetings with key users (worldwide). You also regularly consult with the supplier / outsourcing partner of the SMMS and see to it that they do what has been agreed. Together with the key users you prepare test plans and coordinate the process both internally and externally. You then evaluate the impact analysis and determine whether the proposed changes can go live. Since 80% of the worldwide SMMS users (more than 1500) are on board of our ships you will be traveling regularly (25% of your time).
A selection of your responsibilities:
- Help your colleagues within Fleet Management and on board with small questions (‘How to’);
- Support optimization of work processes;
- Create and perform user training (including material);
- Linking pin between the various Key User Groups. (Crew, FM, IT, HR, Projects);
- Coordinate and align initiatives from key-users;
- Define functional changes for all workstreams;
- Create change requests for functional change;
- Prioritize change requests and incidents according to business impact;
- User acceptance testing for changes and releases;
- Participate in sprints and act as user expert.
What makes the Functional Coordinator role fun to work in?
- You role is close to the business and you learn a lot about the Boskalis Fleet Management departments in a short time.
- You will be able to prioritize changes and incidents based on business impact and therefore have direct impact on process and system improvements, be able to communicate directly with Supplier.
- You are involved in the development of the application and have direct influence in the direction of development.
- Sounding board: Knowledge sessions will be planned by FM and IT to transfer smart solutions/work around’s (case based, I.E. how is your international college solving the same issue you have).
To be successful in the role of Functional Coordinator you:
- have completed a completed bachelor study in the direction of IT or Business Administration with at least 5 years of work experience as an Application Manager
- are having experience with a maintenance management system is a strong plus.
- have a Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- enjoy understanding organizational structures and you have a strong sense of stakeholder management.
- are strong in organizational terms and you have experience with project management.
- are assertive and you are not afraid to approach colleagues proactively.
The position of Functional Coordinator Fleet Management system is a full-time position (40 hours). Your location will be our head office in Papendrecht and you will report to the Manager Nautical Department.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.