Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
SMIT Salvage provides emergency response, salvage and wreck removal services. Salvage has an unparalleled track record responding to ships in distress anywhere in the world from four strategic locations – Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. Salvage also has extensive experience realizing a wide variety of demanding salvage and wreck removal projects – where, for example, wrecks threaten safe navigation or obstruct port access. In addition, SMIT’s salvage teams deliver a full range of environmental care services, such as the safe disposal of hazardous cargos and bunker fuels from ships that have run aground. The Operational Excellence Lead works for the Towage part of this division.
As a Junior Project Controller you will start in a challenging environment where we will invest in your career. You will be involved in multiple changing projects where you are able to achieve experience as junior project controller. The main location will be Papendrecht. When the moment arises you are willing to travel for shorter periods to assist on our global projects. With the lessons learned the responsibilities will grow towards a more broader (financial) role within the company regarding project control.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Reconciliation of project administration with our local accounting system;
- Maintaining general ledger and in collaboration with the finance manager preparing the periodic reporting;
- Be part of the project team for improving our finance process such as transferring recurring tasks to our financial shared service center assist on improving our project administration;
- Acting as desk top controller for smaller local projects;
- Act as junior project controller for lump sum projects and large projects with distinction between operations and finance. Able to fulfil temporary the shore-coordinator to get familiar with the project;
- Help the shore coordinators with finance/admin related topics (shore coordinators have no financial background).
- Open to travel around the globe from time to time. Able to replace the shore-coordinator on the local project for a period of approximately four weeks.
- BSc or MSc degree in Accountancy, Finance or Project Control;
- 1-2 years of work experience;
- Excellent mastery of both written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Affinity with financial systems and internal control;
- Structured, flexible, precise, immune to stress and solution-minded;
- Operate both on your own and as a member of a team;
- Hands-on mentality and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Affinity with IT applications and willing to learn new applications such as power BI, SAP BPC, advantaged Excel;
- Open to travel around the globe from time to time. Able to replace the shore-coordinator on the local project for a period of approximately four weeks;
- Full time job based in Papendrecht.
Do you fit our requirements and would you like to invest in your career with a company that has the skills and momentum to reach even greater heights in the years to come? Then this is the job for you.
For questions please contact Jessia Harten, Senior Corporate Recruiter a.i. +31 (0) 78 696 8663.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.