How you can make your mark
Are you looking for a HR position in a dynamic organization that is one of the largest global players in the maritime industry? Are you ready for a second or third step in your career in which you can further develop yourself in the field of HR? Than this is the job you are looking for!
In this job you will closely cooperate with the colleagues of HR Dredging. The employees within Fleet management consist of crew aboard of the vessels, from AB of a small tug boat till captain of a large Hopper Dredger, and of office staff. Many of our employees live or originate from outside the Netherlands.
In the office Dutch still is the leading language, but a good command of English is required because of all our international contacts. A large part of the (e-mail) communication within Boskalis is in English as well.
We challenge you to assess and propose improvements for our way of working and HR policies. Depending on your experience and interests, we feel there are ample opportunities to further design the content of this job yourself.
What will be your daily tasks as HR Advisor?
- You will be the focal point for HR matters for two or three Fleet Teams within Fleet Management. You will start under supervision, but later on will act independently.
- You will be responsible for one or more HR projects, also depending on your experience and interests.
- You will answer all kinds of HR related questions of employees and managers.
- You will support both managers and employees in the execution of HR policies.
- Managing and counseling of absenteeism in your designated Fleet Teams: Carrying out the relevant polices, counseling the employees, control and analyze the figures, maintain contact with the company doctor and “Arbodienst”.
- Advise employees on their development or other issues that might occur.
- Provide input for different HR reports when needed.
You can make the difference as HR advisor when you can bring the following to Boskalis
- A completed higher education in a relevant field, preferably HR at hbo or academic level.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferable in a comparable role.
- Excellent communication skills, both in English and Dutch.
- Good working level of Microsoft Office.
- Hands-on, flexible, reliable.
- Strong personality who can put things into perspective.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Apart from an attractive salary, you will get a holiday allowance, 26 days per year with 6 additional days and a good pension scheme which is fully paid by Boskalis.
- Warm welcome: You can expect a warm welcome which will make you feel at home with Boskalis in no time. During your onboarding program, we will tell you all there is to know about Boskalis!
- Career perspective: We offer you the possibility to get the maximum out of your career, both personally and professionally, by creating a new Horizon together!
- Your team: The HR department at Boskalis Dredging division consists of around 12 colleagues, of which two focus on the Fleet Management department. The department is responsible for development, implementation and advice on the HR policies and all matters relating to the employment of Dredging personnel, both staff (office personnel) and crew aboard our vessels. The HR Dredging department is headed by the HR director Dredging.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of HR advisor is a fulltime job (40 hours a week). However, there is also a possibility to fulfill this job part time (32 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for the position of HR advisor is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. We will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of HR advisor. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 6 46042957.
Interested? Please apply before April 7th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.