How you can make your mark
More than ever, people will be the decisive factor and the key to the success of Boskalis. Of the strategic framework 2020-2022, Human Excellence is therefore one of the three main pillars. As an HR intern at Boskalis, you will be part of our HR Dredging Team responsible for the processes of organizational and personal development within the Dredging division. In addition, the team is involved in divisional HR projects.
Boskalis is a global market leader in dredging. Our dredging activities include the construction and maintenance of ports and waterways, coastal defense and riverbank protection, and land reclamation. A great example is the construction of the port of Duqm in Oman.
As an HR intern, you will contribute on varied ways to our objectives regarding topics as People Development and Sustainable Deployment, but also be involved in the HR administrative processes.
Your responsibilities as an intern, working within the HR Dredging Team:
- Providing support in the implementation and completion of various HR Projects.
- Providing support and contribution to various HR Processes, and carrying out administrative activities, such as: processing personnel mutations and handling various letters.
- Support the HR managers by i.e. analyzing various personnel data.
You can make your mark as an HR intern if you are/have:
- An University of Applied Sciences student, specializing in Human Resource Management.
- Available immediately.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- A professional attitude, as well as an entrepreneurial and team player spirit.
- Assertive, proactive and reliable.
- Good communicative and social skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch language, both written and spoken.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides internship compensation you will get a great deal of responsibility.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your (online) onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, ranging from an online Pub Quiz and a virtual vessel visit, to sport sessions like Yoga and Bootcamp.
- Your team: You will join the HR Department of the Boskalis Dredging Team. The team consist of 12 enthusiastic professionals. Including five HR Managers, two HR Advisors, one HR Officer, and one Senior Secretary. The main language spoken is Dutch.
- Where you will work: You will carry out your assignment working from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams and Skype. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from the head office in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of HR intern is full-time (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for one or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of HR intern within the Boskalis HR Dredging Team. Please contact Ana de Diego y Lubberts, Young Talent Desk via +317 86968566.
Interested? Please apply by March 9th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.