Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Are you an experienced expert in the field of subsea inspection techniques? Is ensuring the success of high-tech offshore inspection projects totally your thing? And do you want to be directly involved in product development in this field at a company that is growing fast? Then it’s time to apply for the job of Inspection Manager at Boskalis Subsea Services!
As an Inspection Manager you will be based at the Subsea Services office in Papendrecht and will bear total responsibility for offshore inspection projects. The Subsea Services business unit is part of the Offshore Energy division of Boskalis. Subsea Services specializes in the inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) of subsea infrastructures, as well as construction and decommissioning services. The business unit is growing fast, partly due to acquisitions, and invests heavily in the development of new materials and techniques. As an Inspection Manager you will play a responsible leading role in often complex inspection projects, where we deploy state-of-the-art equipment.
The job of Inspection Manager involves managing the offshore inspection team – comprising an Inspection Coordinator, Inspection Controllers and a number of Project Engineers – from the shore. The exact size of the team will depend on the scope of the project. The Inspection Coordinator, who is responsible for the correct gathering of the inspection results on-site, will report directly to you. In addition you will act as the first point of contact and sparring partner for the onshore client who commissioned the project.
The job of Inspection Manager is broad and very varied. But in an average working week your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that projects are executed according to the contract in every respect. This means you must be fully informed of the contractual agreements made with the client.
- The entire preparation, implementation and evaluation of projects. Seeing to it that the project is going according to schedule and making adjustments (to processes) where necessary.
- Monitoring the budget and financial control.
- Day-to-day management of the project team and the staffing of the project.
- Training and coaching of employees.
- Taking care of all required reporting.
- Ensuring that all requirements in terms of quality, safety and applicable legislation and regulations are met.
- Maintaining contact with the client.
- Cooperating on tenders as a specialist and contributing to the successful conclusion of tenders for new projects.
- Providing input on product development and in shaping our organization in this growth phase.
You are a formidable organizer who maintains an overview in all circumstances. You have the confidence to give people space in their work without ever losing control. You also pay a lot of attention to coaching and the (further) development of employee skills. In addition you are a likeable person who finds it easy to liaise with very different parties and at various levels. And you are a reliable and adept sparring partner for clients. In addition you will have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- A minimum of around three to five years’ experience as a manager or lead engineer in a technical environment or many years of experience as an Inspection Coordinator.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with inspection techniques, processes and planning as well as the relevant inspection software including Coabis, Nexus, EIVA and Visualsoft.
- Extensive experience in project, financial, contract and stakeholder management.
- Extensive experience in relevant inspection projects relating to both platforms and pipelines.
- Preferably at least around five years’ experience in the Offshore Subsea sector.
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.