How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as Trainee Project Controller if you want to learn, encounter and experience a lot in a short period of time. You will be part of the project team of a dredging or offshore energy project and this often means working in challenging conditions. The projects you will be working on as Trainee Project Controller varies in size, complexity, and duration. Your workplace depends on the project. If you work on a project such as the unique, dual vessel float-over operation of the Aasta Hansteen topside, you will be located at our head office in Papendrecht. If you end up working on a project like the development of the port of Duqm in Oman, you will work on location for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave. Within the finance discipline, you have the opportunity to be involved in an assignment at dredging as well as an offshore energy project.
Your responsibility as Trainee Project Controller is to assist the Project Manager on all financial matters on a dredging or offshore energy project. This means that you:
- Will be responsible for project administration and the total financial reporting.
- Will be involved in tax and contractual matters, treasury and insurance.
- Interpret the story behind the figures and that your insights and analyses ensure that the right decisions are taken.
Please click here for more information about the Boskalis Traineeship.
This is what you need to make your mark as Trainee Project Controller:
- Fully completed higher vocational education (hbo/ bachelor) in finance & control.
- Recently graduated (with 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience).
- Full time availability starting of begin September 2020.
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to work abroad.
- Available to attend the Boskalis Selection Day on May 15th.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Boskalis Traineeship: Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging international assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there is the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Apply online before Monday, February 24th to secure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular job?
- As of Monday, March 9th you will be informed if you made it through the next phase. In the next phase, you will be challenged with an online cognitive assessment. This will determine if you will also proceed to an online personality assessment.
- On May 15th the Boskalis Selection Event will take place. Block this date in your agenda now!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 (0)78 696 9973.
Interested? Apply online before Monday, February 24th to secure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular job?
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.