Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
The Structural Engineering department within Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles (BSCF) deals with the structural engineering for the mobilization of vessels and barges regarding BSCF projects. For our projects the deck of several barges and vessels has to be equipped with equipment like tensioners, roller boxes and containers but also project specific steel structures. The structures and equipment have to be sea fastened on deck using creative solutions due to the limited deck space and specific needs of the projects. The engineering work requires knowledge of dynamic loads caused by the vessel motions and the limitations of the deck strength.
For our team we are looking for a Junior Structural Engineer.
The Structural Engineering department creates conceptual designs for these situations and turn them into final designs. The Structural Engineer deals with the BSCF engineering department who has the original request for the structural calculations, BSCF CAD department who does the drawing work and with BSCF mobilization department who will finally apply and construct the sea fastening on deck at the vessel just before sail. This means that you are to be able to communicate with many different people with varying theoretical and practical knowledge.
To be able to fulfill the position of Junior Structural Engineer, we ask the following:
- We are looking preferably for a candidate with an Education at MBO / HBO level in: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- Ability to conduct strength calculations (experience of Mathcad is preferential);
- Experience with structural calculations in an offshore environment is not required but definitely a benefit;
- Preferably familiar with FEM calculations, such as ANSYS, FEMAP or similar;
- Familiar with CAD systems, preferably Autodesk software;
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations within the codes and standards of: DNVGL, Lloyd's Register, AISC, NEN;
- Highly motivated to do detail calculations;
- Stress resistant, process-oriented nature, service- and results-driven attitude;
- Practical mindset and analytical skills;
- Strong command of English, both verbal and written, as well as adequate Dutch skills;
- You are a team player, creative and pro-active.
- Being part of a professional project team;
- Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles and parent company Boskalis;
- Work in an organisation in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
- Competitive benefits package.
Want to know more?
The job of Junior Structural Engineer is a full-time job (40 hours/week)
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.