Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
Are you set to graduate in Hydrography, Geodesy or Geomatics in 2018? Does a job with great career opportunities sound good to you? A job with a company that is a global leader in the field of dredging and maritime services? Are you keen to work on really challenging large-scale projects abroad? Then apply now for the job of Junior Surveyor at Boskalis.
As a Junior Surveyor you will work for the Boskalis Survey department in Papendrecht. However, you will be sent out to one of our projects, often abroad (six weeks on, four weeks off or four weeks on, four weeks off). You will be responsible to independently acquire, process and present data of land survey and hydrographic measurements for a wide range of projects across all Boskalis divisions. You will start with a five-week training course in Papendrecht in the first week of October. This intensive course will provide you with an introduction to Boskalis and help you find your way around our great company. After the course you will get straight to work as a Junior Surveyor in a full-time job on one of the projects.
The job of Junior Surveyor is very varied and the project teams you work in will keep changing. Moreover projects can get pretty hectic and your working hours will be fairly irregular but this helps make the role of Junior Surveyor a fascinating one. Your duties and responsibilities are pretty broad but an average working week will include:
- Gathering all the relevant data needed to monitor the progress and quality of a project.
- Processing this data into products that support the project (for example a map of the seabed surrounding the project or an overview of the volumes of dredged sand).
- Mobilizing the equipment needed to carry out a good project survey.
You’re a real go-getter who finds it easy to switch between projects. You really know your field but also have the social skills to enable you to adapt quickly to a new team and different working environment. You find it interesting to come into contact with very different cultures and spend a lot of time abroad. Nor do you have a problem working irregular hours and sometimes long days.
- You will be completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hydrography, Geodesy or Geometry in 2018.
- You hold an EU passport and a driver’s license.
- You are willing and also physically able to do a lot of intensive travelling.
- You have a perfect command of written and spoken English.
The job of Junior Surveyor is a full-time job (40 hours), starting in the first week of October 2018. You will report to the Survey Manager.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.