- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Lead Cost Engineer by guiding and coaching a team of Offshore Energy cost estimators. You will be working in the offshore energy global engineering department. Our Cost estimating team contributes and influences the contracts we secure as a multi-million-euro company. This gives you a great deal of impact and means that you share in the responsibility for Boskalis’ success. Think for example of the record-breaking dry-docking of the Carnival Vista Cruiseliner in the Bahamas, decommissioning of Oil&Gas facilities in the North Sea or the Veja Mate offshore wind farm in the German section of the North Sea. Major projects like these provide you as a lead cost engineer with an ideal opportunity to contribute towards making the world more sustainable.
- Leading a team of 20 + cost engineers (juniors, mediors, seniors);
- Develop the team and guide/mentor every individual in their career as cost engineer;
- Creating a long-term vision and strategy on cost engineering within Boskalis Offshore Energy;
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards and estimating guidelines;
- Acting as a business partner towards the tender teams;
- Evaluate means and methods and draw up guidelines;
- Giving support and advice to the team so that they can draw up various scenarios based on the client’s requirements and the available contract or tender documents and preparing a cost estimate or budget;
- Have a clear vision on the tender submission documents and maintaining the estimate or budget file and the calculation database.
- At least 7 years’ relevant work experience as a tender, – project, – or cost engineer.
- Experience in Offshore Energy;
- A higher vocational education (HBO) or university qualification in a technical subject, such as civil engineering, maritime engineering, mechanical engineering, offshore engineering or industrial engineering;
- Experience in leading a team, with the necessary knowledge and soft skills to further grow and develop the team;
- In-depth knowledge of contract management and financial and economic business processes;
- Rock-solid communicative skills, in English. The Dutch language is a plus but not required.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects. Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and a lease car.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- The function of Lead Cost Engineer is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job
- You will be working in the global engineering (offshore energy) team.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.