How you can make your mark
Taking into account your legal advice, we set a world premiere by loading a 300m Cruise Ship on our largest semisubmersible vessel. By doing this we enabled them to repair it, as it couldn’t sail by itself, and the nearest docks in the area weren’t available.
As Legal Counsel Offshore Energy you predominantly support our Marine Services, Subsea Services and Heavy Marine Transport Business Units (BU’s). Together these BU’s represent a large and diverse fleet. Our assets are deployed in a variety of projects but also chartered in the SPOT market to external parties. This is exactly where you as a Legal Counsel make the difference, by assessing charter contracts and tender documents from pre-qualification up to and including contract negotiations. Your assistance may also be required during the execution of a project.
Your responsibilities as Legal Counsel Offshore Energy.
- Legal advice on contracts, terms and conditions and risks in both tender phase and execution phase.
- Legal guidance of (sub-)contract negotiations for projects in the implementation phase.
- Identify and follow up relevant legal developments.
- Providing and facilitating BIMCO and contractual awareness sessions for commercial teams.
You can make your mark as Legal Counsel Offshore Energy if you have:
- At least 3-7 years’ relevant work experience as a Legal Advisor or Lawyer.
- A Master’s degree in Law.
- In-depth knowledge of BIMCO / Charter contracts is a nice to have.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- No problem with traveling (within Europe, Middle East, Far East) when necessary.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board’s focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running and for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of our Offshore Energy Legal team. This team of 12 people consists of a balanced team in gender, age and experience, but also in expertise. Most of your direct colleagues are legal counsels mixed with contract managers. The Offshore Legal Team is part of Boskalis’ Business Legal Department.
- Where you will work: You will be based in our head office in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of Legal Counsel Offshore Energy is preferably a fulltime position (40 hours a week) however part-time (32 hours a week) is also an option.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews. If both sides are happy to proceed after the interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Legal Counsel Offshore Energy. Please contact Edgar Dekker, Corporate Recruiter via +31 630 98 88 11.
Interested? Please apply before Monday 2 March 2020 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.