- Inland Infra
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Head of the Geotechnical department at Cofra, a Boskalis Company. Cofra is leading in “unlocking the potential of unsuitable soils’’. As Head of our geotechnical engineers you understand our clients’ needs and translate these needs into high-quality solutions in the field of ground improvement. You are involved from tender to execution phase. Besides ground improvement Cofra also focusses on the installation of barriers, often involving (environmentally protective) liner constructions, in specific markets. A good example of our expertise is our work ‘Center Point of Indonesia’ in Makassar, Indonesia. A large reclamation work in which a variety of consolidation (vertical drains) and compaction techniques were used.
Your responsibilities as a geotechnical manager:
- Initiate and follow-up all internal actions that must be taken to assure full control in your field of expertise during tenders and projects.
- Provide insight in the geotechnical risks and opportunities that are present within your projects.
- Conduct feasibility studies and designs: Obtain, inventory and process the required data to an economical design.
- Responsible that all geotechnical knowledge obtained during trials and projects is well documented and stored.
You can make your mark if you:
- Have at least a Master’s degree (TU Delft) in the field of Geo-engineering (Civil, Mining, Geology).
- Have professional knowledge in the field of soil improvement techniques and geosynthetic applications.
- Have experience in working with different cultures on projects abroad.
- Have leadership qualities, since you will manage and work together with a team of at least 4 FTE.
- Have a good command of written and spoken Dutch and English
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance.
Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
As Head of the Geotechnical department: you are responsible for managing a team of project engineers and designing economically feasible and optimal geotechnical solutions.
Where you will work: Our headquarters is based in Amsterdam.
Fulltime/ part time job: The function is fulltime (40 hours a week) hours a week.
Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site. We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position. Please contact Iris van Laar, Senior Corporate Recruiter at +31 (0)786968612
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.