How you can make your mark
Boskalis.World is an advanced IT and data science platform that enables users to perform data-analyses based on centralized information sources and advanced data models. As a Medior Data Specialist you will further develop the added value of the Boskalis.World platform by improving and creating new predictive data models. Being part of a team of data scientists at the heart of our business, it is your ambition to utilize the full potential of data science technologies to further improve the operational excellence and distinctiveness of the Boskalis core activities.
Your responsibilities as Medior Data Specialist are among others:
- Builds models leading to valuable insights to the business that underpin and improve our core decision making.
- Use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to discover interesting patterns in large data sets.
- Effectively and clearly communicating results of complicated statistical questions and data science queries and know how to embed these results in the organization.
- Informing relevant stakeholders with regards to project progress, compliance, budgets and risks. Monitoring and driving value delivery out of data science investments.
- Support colleagues with development of tools and analysis.
You can make your mark as Medior Data Specialist if you have:
- University (Master) degree: technical (e.g. econometrics, mathematics, computer science or artificial intelligence.
- Approximately five years of demonstrable work experience as an innovative data-analyst or data-scientist.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with big data and advanced analytics (incl. machine learning and deep learning).
- Experience with programming (e.g. R, Python, C#).
- Strong and open communicator who feels comfortable in both a consulting and coordinating roles.
- Able to recognize business opportunities and translate these to sound data solutions including a business case.
- Proactive and hands-on approach with the wish to work in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with the drive to make an impact in the organization.
- Good command of Dutch and English (written and spoken).
- Profound knowledge of methods and standards of data science and IT.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, foreign posting terms.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board’s focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your (online) onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: As Medior Data Specialist you will work in a team of data scientists, data engineers and IT specialists. You will report to the Boskalis.World team leader.
- Where you will work: Normally a lot of your time will be spend from our office at Papendrecht but due to Covid-19, for the meantime you will work from home and you will go the office when needed.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of Medior Data Specialist is fulltime (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Medior Data Specialist. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 78 6969973 or 0646042957.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.