- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Superintendent for the Nearshore department of Boskalis Subsea Cables! You are the go-to person onshore for the project teams working on typical Nearshore projects: cable shore landings, cable pull-ins, outfalls, complex water crossings and other projects in shallow waters and intertidal areas. You ensure optimal and safe execution of the (un) loading and installing of Boskalis’ products and services for small to midsize projects.
Is leading the way and building strong and efficient teams with high safety standards your second nature? And are you looking for a job that requires flexibility to travel and work in shifts? Then we’d like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
Your responsibilities as Superintendent Nearshore:
- Ensure safety by being responsible for the management of safe, efficient and profitable execution of the operational part of the project plan using the designated equipment.
- Ensure timely availability and quality of goods and resources and leading operational teams during the execution. Management of direct reports: appraise performance and development.
- Timely share information with relevant stakeholders. Ensure a win-win relationship with the client representatives on board.
- Monitoring daily circumstances and advising manager with regards to changes in operational approach. And contribute to the development of procedures and policies which provides input for next tender phase and preparation phase projects.
You can make your mark as an Superintendent Nearshore if you have:
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience as a Project Engineer, Project Planner or Superintendent.
- An MBO+ or a bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of cable projects in shallow waters and intertidal areas. Experience in grouting is an advantage.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- No problem travelling on a fairly regular basis.
- No problem working in shifts on a location for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of the project team on location and work together with Project Engineers, Project Managers, Equipment Engineers and so on.
- Where you will work: Most of the time you will be on-site. Occasionally you will be in the head office in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime job: The function of Superintendent Nearshore is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive a confirmation email. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Superintendent Nearshore. Please contact Juliette Janssen, Recruiter, via +31 (0) 6 50 15 06 22.
Interested? Please apply before 9 December by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.