- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
As an Offshore Construction Manager (OCM) you will mainly be working abroad on our Bokalift 1 and/or Bokalift 2 vessel were you will be responsible for the management of the construction team onboard the vessel. In this role you are part of the vessel management team. Together with the captain you have the responsibility to run an efficient and safe operation.
As OCM you will be also part of the operations team of the Boskalis Business Unit Offshore Heavy Lift. This Business unit is responsible for the operations of the Heavy lift Vessels Bokalift 1 and Bokalift 2, which operate in sectors as Offshore Wind; Platform Decommissioning and Oil and Gas installation. We work with state-of-the-art equipment like our Bokalift 1 and Bokalift 2 supported by our large fleet of other vessels (diving; construction; transport vessels) in which we are able to run multi discipline projects for clients in the offshore market.
As part of the operations team of the Business Unit you will also be involved in the preparation; review; aligning and optimization of our offshore operations in preparation or in tender. This can be done from the vessel or at the office in Papendrecht.
Are you experienced in the offshore Oil & Gas or renewables sector? Do you have extensive experience as an Offshore Construction Manager or a comparable position? Do you have a proven track record with large heavy lift crane vessels? Is managing and building strong and efficient teams with the highest regards for safety standards your second nature? And are you flexible and also willing to occasionally work from our head office in Papendrecht? Then apply for the job of Offshore Construction Manager at Boskalis!
To ensure optimal and safe execution of the (un) loading and installation of the company’s products and services for wind farm- oil and gas installation projects and decommissioning projects your key tasks/responsibilities are:
- Ensuring safe working. Being responsible for the management of the safe, efficient and profitable execution of the operational part of the project plan of the designated equipment during the rotation.
- Leading operational teams during the execution. Managing of direct reports: appraise performance and continuously develop.
- Ensuring timely availability and quality of goods and resources.
- Monitoring daily circumstances and advising manager with regards to changes in operational approach.
- Timely communicating information to relevant stakeholders. Ensuring win-win relationship with the client representatives on board.
- Ensuring compliance with companies and customer’s policies and procedures and local legislation.
- Contributing to the development of procedures and policies and providing input for tender-phase and preparation phase of a project.
You can make your mark as Offshore Construction Manager if you have:
- Higher Professional Education level.
- Proven track record in the Offshore Heavy Lift Industry with at least several years of experience in managing offshore construction teams.
- Experience in installation- and decommissioning projects being a safety leader with knowledge on structural welding and management of multinational teams.
- Experience with monohull crane vessels and performing operations with large capacity offshore cranes (>1000t capacity)
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Leadership and commitment to ensure a healthy and safe place of work and to prevent a negative impact on the environment.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis Campus: is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running and for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your Team: You work in multidisciplinary teams with colleagues from all over the world. You are part of the Vessel Management Team and report directly to the Manager Operations of the business unit.
- Where you will work: you will mainly be working abroad on our Bokalift 1 or Bokalift 2 vessel. When the vessel is not in operation you will be working in our head office in Papendrecht
- Fulltime/ Part-time job: This is a fulltime position, for this role you need to be willing to spend prolonged periods abroad
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Offshore Construction Manager. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via +31 6 50 08 41 28.
Interested? Please apply before August 18, by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.