Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- As Operational Excellence Lead (OpEx Lead), there is an interesting challenge to analyze and optimize the business processes. Given increasing competition and declining margins, the towage division has set operational excellence as strategic top priority that is crucial for the difference to be made within the towage services worldwide.
- The OpEx Lead is not only occupied with researching business processes, but also forming a concise insight and action plan towards improvements in operations.
- In order to effectively support the joint ventures on the different business processes, it is important that the OpEx Lead enters into dialogue with various stakeholders to realize and guide change in the organization.
- Since the towage and terminal services are not limited to the Netherlands, the world is the working area of the OpEx Lead.
- The initiation of process improvements and cost reduction projects.
- Identifying and benchmarking best practices at operational level in operations worldwide.
- Working worldwide with a high number of nationalities and cultures.
- Examples of challenging projects are:
- Analyze and implement improvements in the processes of operating and maintaining vessels.
- Analyzing and advising on the optimization of the fleet size and crewing schemes.
- Set up and professionalize operational reports.
- Part of small team that is leading the joint venture with a big impact on realizing business improvements.
Wie jij bent
- Technical university education completed, supplemented with 3-4 years of relevant work experience either in a similar role as Operational Excellence Lead or as an external consultant in this field.
- Affinity with the implementation of process optimization processes in a complex and international work environment.
- A strong conceptual and analytical thinking ability that enables you to identify and understand problems and bottlenecks.
- Knowledge of various operational excellence methods, such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Perfect mastering of Dutch and English language in word and writing. Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
- Affinity with the Boskalis activities and specifically the port and terminal services.
- Interpersonal skills to work with and realize change with the stakeholders.
- Able to oversee the impact and consequences of decisions and dare to take responsibility.
- High level of data analyses is a plus and able to draw up operational reports and able to work with Excel.
Over het bedrijf
Boskalis provides harbor towage services in around 90 ports in 36 countries around the world through strategic joint ventures Keppel Smit Towage (Far East and South East Asia), Saam Smit Towage (the Americas) and Kotug Smit Towage (Europe). They also offer a full range of services for the operation and management of both onshore and offshore terminals through Smit Lamnalco. With a combined fleet of over 400 ships and around 4,700 experienced crew the JVs assist thousands of vessels in the world’s most prominent ports. From the headquarters in Papendrecht Boskalis is leading these joint ventures with a small team of 11 fte.
SMIT Salvage provides emergency response, salvage and wreck removal services. The company has an unparalleled track record responding to ships in distress anywhere in the world from four strategic locations – Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. The company also has extensive experience realizing a wide variety of demanding salvage and wreck removal projects – where, for example, wrecks threaten safe navigation or obstruct port access. In addition, SMIT’s salvage teams deliver a full range of environmental care services, such as the safe disposal of hazardous cargos and bunker fuels from ships that have run aground. The Operational Excellence Lead works for the Towage part of this division.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.