- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Planning Engineer at the Global Engineering department of Boskalis Offshore Energy! As Planning Engineer your impact on the eventual success of a project can be extensive. Imagine the difference a correct planning makes. You ensure no unexpected surprises concerning timeframes. Next to that your overview of the project activities, assets and support equipment involved, enables you to arrange the highest level of efficiency. Making sure there is no idle time or ensuring a reduction of 5 days of using equipment, makes a huge difference in the numbers!
This Planning Engineer position takes care of the planning during the tender phase of our many, eventually, projects. Imagine yourself contribute to Boskalis getting awarded an international one of a kind projects, such as the foundation scope for the Taiwanese Changfang and Xidao offshore wind farm!
Your responsibilities as Planning Engineer
- Set-up and management of overall multidisciplinary planning process within a tender, in line with stakeholder requirements.
- You take care of the planning during the Tender phase, meaning you will never have full information to base your planning on. You have to manage that with as much information you can get and thus chase every specialist involved to get their expert judgment in time.
- You use your overview of the entire project solution and everything involved, to think a few steps ahead and dry run scenarios: If we do X, what does this mean for Y?
- Having this position in the tender team enables you to guide the Tender team in determining what level of detail is needed.
- You keep a log to ensure others will immediately understand the basis of what information you have made your assumptions and planning. This also helps another Planning Engineer who possibly continues your work in a next tender stage.
You can make your mark as Planning Engineer if you have:
- At least 6 years’ relevant work experience as a Planning Engineer or similar.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area and solid Project Management (IPMA-D or similar) skills.
- Experience in working in Tender Planning, preferably in Offshore Energy, is seen as an advantage.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong analytical skills and a talent for asking the right questions.
- A flexible attitude: you are stress-resistant and can handle last minute information and adjustments well.
- Expert user of Primavera, MS Project and Excel.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 25 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of the Project & Tender Support team of Offshore Energy’s Global Engineering department. This team consists of 7 other Planning Engineers to share best practices and lessons learned with. Being part of Tender teams, you will work most closely together with Tender Managers, Tender Engineers and Project Engineers.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime job: The position of Planning Engineer is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Planning Engineer. Please contact Juliette Janssen, Corporate Recruiter via 06 50 15 06 22.
Interested? Please apply before 15 December by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.