How you can make your mark
A variety of applications are used within Boskalis. These applications are used for, among other things, our approximately 900 ships and equipment. You can make your mark by beating the drum on how financial business processes can be organized as optimally as possible, based on internal customer demand.
You will continuously improve the Record to Report process and the supporting IT applications. It will cover general accounting, management reporting, treasury management, financial statement preparation, in-house banking, statutory reporting, and consolidation.
As a Business Analyst Finance, you are a key player in continuously improving our reporting process, by not only optimizing the application on its own but optimizing the process and aligning its applications.
Your responsibilities as Business Analyst Finance
- Knowledge owner and Advisor to improvements on the existing Business Process.
- Gather business requirements and translate them into functional designs.
- Participate in projects that introduce new or changed functionality in the Business Process.
- Continuously improving the business processes and the IT applications supporting these processes.
- Coordination and support business in implementing nonstandard relevant changes that are the result of the optimizations with Business impact and testing.
- Organizer and chairman of the Record to Report Functional User Group.
- You can make your mark as a Business Analyst Finance if you will have:
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant work experience in a Financial role such as Financial or Business Controller/ Consultant.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
- A high interest/ affinity in IT (processes).
- You have in-depth knowledge of general accounting, management reporting, treasury management, financial statement preparation, in-house banking, statutory reporting, and consolidation.
- Relevant functional knowledge of the applications that support the process (for example Infor LN, SAP BPC, etc.).
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field, and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board’s focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there is the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will collaborate with 3 other process consultants who all have their own domain. You will identify and collaborate with different stakeholders such as Changes Success Manager, Domain Architect, and Business Relationship Managers.
- Where you will work: You will work in our Headquarters in Papendrecht, however, you will deal with all parts of the organization (Dredging, Inland Infra, Offshore & Energy and Salvage).
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of Business Analyst Finance is a fulltime (40 hours a week) time job ( 40 hours a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Business Analyst Finance. Please contact Edgar Dekker, Corporate Recruiter via +316 30 98 88.
Interested? Please apply before 18 November 2019 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.