- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Boskalis Subsea Cables is specialized in subsea power cable installation, Balance of Plant maintenance for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation and installation of interconnectors.
As medior Production Engineer at the Production Engineering department, you will be part of the team which is responsible for maintaining, developing and using the production models/knowledge database within Boskalis Subsea Cables. These models are used for estimating the productions (speed of operations) on future projects.
Why is this important? Accurate production estimates will result in a realistic price and planning for future projects. Your work will contribute to continuous improvement of our production estimates, allowing Boskalis Subsea Cables to be competitive.
Your responsibilities as medior Production Engineer at Boskalis Subsea Cables:
Your main responsibility lies in all aspects (also on site) of production calculation and optimization, from project preparation to evaluation. Contribute to the growth of Boskalis by:
- Independently gathering, checking and managing multidisciplinary information for the production database, which you will use as input for production requests;
- Pro-active involvement in the burial tool selection based on available soil information and capabilities of our/third party burial tools;
- Supporting and evaluating projects (in office and on site) by staying informed about production data, implementation methods and equipment. Checking productions and the budget and timely report deviations to the project team – proposing ideas for improvement.
- Guiding and coaching junior Production Engineers and trainees.
You can make your mark as medior Production Engineer if you are/have:
- Higher Professional Education in a technical discipline, preferably geological, civil or mechanical engineering.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a wet civil (dredging or similar) and/or offshore environment.
- A geological background. This is needed in order to fulfill this position.
- Good understanding of the interaction between soil and trenchers (excavation process).
- Affinity with data analysis (e.g. Python) related to offshore engineering.
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role.
- You are a team player, creative, pro-active and good analytical thinker.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will become part of the Production Engineering department within Boskalis Subsea Cables. The team (including yourself) consist of 4 young professionals with various backgrounds in engineering. One Production Engineer is dedicated to data analysis. English is the main language as one of the team members has roots outside the Netherlands. Besides Production Engineering, you will need to collaborate with other disciplines within Boskalis Subsea Cables.
- Where you will work: The Papendrecht Head office is where the majority of activities will take place. Also going offshore as Production Engineer or similar role onboard is part of the job. There is a friendly and professional atmosphere. We take the time to lunch together at our company restaurant and we often end our lunch with a pleasant walk across our Campus.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of medior Production Engineer is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of medior Production Engineer. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, recruiter via +31 786969973.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.