How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Project Controller by being the decision maker within a project on financial matters. On top of that you have a very active role in advising key stakeholders on identifying and tackling operational and financial issues. It is required to master the French language since you will be working for and partly from our French markets. You will be starting from France but you have to be flexible because our project can arise elsewhere in the world.
Boskalis is a leading global player and expert in the fields of dredging, inland infra, offshore energy and towage and salvage. As a company we have a very direct impact on shaping the world around us. With projects like broadening the Suez channel, placing and installing Wind Farms worldwide and high profile salvage operations in stressful situations we make our mark as a company. On top of that we initiate or sponsor activities like helping improve marine biodiversity or cleaning our oceans from the plastic soup.
In your role you will start working for 1 or more projects in France, working on site at our project location. With your pragmatic attitude and hands-on mentality you automatically fit our project oriented culture. You will need to be very flexible since you will be working in a rotation scheme, spending 6 weeks on a project and 4 weeks off.
You will take ownership over the project controlling and have a strong involvement in all financial matters concerning the project.
Your responsibilities as Project Controller:
- Prepare various management reports, reporting to various project related colleagues and (senior) management within Boskalis.
- On the basis of in depth financial analysis you advise key stakeholders on financial ( and operational) issues
- Setting up the financial and administrative organization for a project, keeping accounts and ensuring the timely and correct cost allocation
You can make your mark as a Project Controller if you will have:
- For this job, you should have an advanced-education background in business economics.
- With at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience as a Project Controller, preferably in an international maritime / construction context.
- Willing to work on (international) location, and to be seconded on an individual basis.
- A good command of written and spoken French and English are required.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will be working within a business unit of Boskalis as an integral part of a Project Team, on top of that you will be part of the Boskalis financial community.
- Where you will work: You will be working from one of our project sites in France, working in a rotation scheme of 6 weeks on, 4 weeks off.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Controller is a fulltime (40 hours a week)
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter in English. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Project Controller Dredging & Inland Infra. Please contact Jonas Dijkstra, Recruiter via 06-11459330 or Jonas.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.