How you can make your mark
As Project Engineer you ensure that a project has the best possible start by taking care of the work preparation. During the implementation phase you have a key role in coordinating and managing the workload on the project to ensure that high-quality work is delivered on time and in accordance with contractual agreements.
Boskalis is known for its involvement in high-profile international projects and as a Project Engineer you will play a crucial role. A good example of such a high-profile project is the development of Singapore’s first polder at the north western tip of Pulau Tekong. Another high-profile contract is the development of the port of Duqm in Oman. The contract includes the engineering, design, procurement and construction of a bulk liquid berth terminal.
In the role of Project Engineer you can make your mark against the background of increasingly complex Boskalis projects. You will combine your knowledge with an ability to overview a situation or problem and determine the next steps. In your way of working you are pragmatic and solutions-oriented, while always striving for the highest possible quality and with a strong focus on safety. You know the dynamics of the contractor world. You are a team player who knows how to interact smoothly with the client, the crew on a ship, external stakeholders and our colleagues at the head office.
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer
- Translating contract requirements into detailed planning and working methods, so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget).
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed.
- Persuading external customers of the feasibility and safety of the proposed solution / method and the resulting specifications.
- Defining the engineering scope for small projects or parts of complex projects, including staffing, planning and budgeting. Supervising and assessing work of colleagues, subcontractors and customers to ensure that projects and designs are executed in accordance with requirements.
- Reporting progress to internal and external customers. Timely identification of deviations in time, engineering resource demand, quality or cost, compared to engineering planning, requirements and budget.
- Participation in continuous improvement of department processes and procedures and evaluation of the engineering process.
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer if you have:
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a dredging, maritime and/or offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) environment.
- A Bachelor’s in a technical field, preferably civil engineering, or maritime engineering or technical engineering.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- No problem travelling globally on a regular basis.
- No problem working on a location for 6 weeks at a stretch after which you will have 4 weeks of leave.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board’s focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running and for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Where you will work: You will work partly from our head office in Papendrecht, but a big part of this role is that you spend longer periods working abroad.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Engineer Dredging is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of function. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.