How you can make your mark
Do you have several years of experience in Dredging or a similar industry? Are you ready for the next step in your career? Are you not prepared to settle for just any job and do you want to be challenged on a daily basis to work more sustainably, more efficiently and more effectively? Are you looking for a company that puts building with nature high on the agenda? And are you keen on traveling? Then we’d like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
Boskalis is known for its involvement in high-profile international projects and as a Project Engineer you will play an important part in the preparation and execution of such projects. A good example of such a high-profile project is the expansion of the Suez Canal. In just nine months we, along with our partners, moved 220 million cubic meters of sand. An incredible achievement that would not have been possible without our Project Engineers
Together with the project team you will have the opportunity to shape projects of varying size and complexity within the Dredging division.
As a Project Engineer you are part of a project team and together you take care of the work preparation so that a project has the best possible start. During the implementation phase you have a key role in coordinating and managing the workload on the project to ensure that high-quality work is delivered on time.
Your responsibilities include:
- translating project planning into detailed planning and working methods, so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget).
- consult with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed.
- identify and report deviations from the contract and take appropriate measures when needed.
- building and maintaining an excellent relationship with the customer.
- provide daily and weekly progress reports about the project.
In your way of working you are pragmatic and solutions-oriented, while always striving for the highest possible quality and with a strong focus on safety. Based on your technical affinity and experience you are able to make a stable contribution to our dredging projects in the role of Project Engineer under various circumstances.
You know the dynamics of the contractor world. You are a team player who knows how to interact smoothly with the client, the crew on a ship, external stakeholders and our colleagues at the head office.
Furthermore you have:
- a Bachelor degree in a technical field, preferably civil engineering, or maritime engineering or mechanical engineering;
- a few years of working experience in an international, dynamic project environment
- experience with civil contracting projects;
- a perfect mastery of the English language, both spoken and written;
- a flexible nature, you have no trouble with working abroad for longer periods.
What you can expect
Working for Boskalis offers you:
- Being part of a professional project team
- Numerous personal development opportunities
- Work in an organization in full development where you can contribute to its growth
- Competitive benefits package
The position of Project Engineer is a fulltime position. You will work partly from our head office in Papendrecht, but a big part of this role is that you spend longer periods working abroad.
Boskalis has worked at sea for decades and has proven to make the difference in mainstream marine and offshore industries. Our success has been greatly driven by focusing and improving our work and constant investment in upgraded equipment. Boskalis teams have constantly adapted to changes in its core work fields over history and adapted to the needs of our clients and proven to become a top player in the league.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.