How you can make your mark
Do you have several years of experience in Dredging or a similar industry? Are you ready for the next step in your career? Are you not prepared to settle for just any job and do you want to be challenged on a daily basis to work more sustainably, more efficiently and more effectively? Are you looking for a company that puts building with nature high on the agenda? And are you keen on traveling? Then we’d like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
Boskalis is known for its involvement in high-profile international projects and as a Project Engineer you will play an important part in the preparation and execution of such projects. A good example of such a high-profile project is the expansion of the Suez Canal. In just nine months we, along with our partners, moved 220 million cubic meters of sand. An incredible achievement that would not have been possible without our Project Engineers
Together with the project team you will have the opportunity to shape projects of varying size and complexity within the Dredging division, where typical projects for you as a Project Engineer include; the expansion of the Suez Canal, the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam, land reclamation for Chek Lap Kok airport in Hong Kong and the construction of TX2 port terminal at the Superporto do Acu complex in Brasil.
As a Project Engineer you are part of a project team and together you take care of the work preparation so that a project has the best possible start. During the implementation phase you have a key role in coordinating and managing the workload on the project to ensure that high-quality work is delivered on time.
Your responsibilities include:
- translating project planning into detailed planning and working methods, so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget).
- consult with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed.
- identify and report deviations from the contract and take appropriate measures when needed.
- building and maintaining an excellent relationship with the customer.
- provide daily and weekly progress reports about the project.
In your way of working you are pragmatic and solutions-oriented, while always striving for the highest possible quality and with a strong focus on safety. Based on your technical affinity and experience you are able to make a stable contribution to our dredging projects in the role of Project Engineer under various circumstances.
You know the dynamics of the contractor world. You are a team player who knows how to interact smoothly with the client, the crew on a ship, external stakeholders and our colleagues at the head office.
Furthermore you have:
- a Bachelor degree in a technical field, preferably civil engineering, or maritime engineering or mechanical engineering;
- a few years of working experience in an international, dynamic project environment
- experience with civil contracting projects;
- a perfect mastery of the English language, both spoken and written;
- a flexible nature, you have no trouble with working abroad for longer periods.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailingregatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Where you will work: You will work partly from our head office in Papendrecht, but a big part of this role is that you spend longer periods working abroad.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Engineer Dredging is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Project Engineer Dredging. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31650084128.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.