- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer at Boskalis Heavy Marine Transport by being the intermediate bridge between the engineering department and the project manager / project team during the tender phase or in the execution of a project. Using your expertise and experience in marine transportation projects, you will independently manage the engineering and take care of the work preparation, for example; safety planning, prepare operating manuals, obtain permits and maintain contacts with local authorities, to ensure that high-quality projects can be realized within the agreed requirements . Being part of a project team you know how to communicate efficiently on different levels to achieve your goals.
Are you looking for a company that realizes challenging projects globally and provides you with the opportunity to travel and learn different cultures? Then we’d like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer at Boskalis Heavy Marine Transport:
- translating project planning and engineering into detailed planning and working methods, so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget).
- consult with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed.
- identify and report deviations from the contract and take appropriate measures when needed.
- take care of progress reports to the customer.
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer if you have:
- at least 5 years of working experience in an international, dynamic project environment.
- a Bachelor’s in offshore/marine technology.
- extensive knowledge of and experience with offshore/marine projects.
- a team player mentality.
- willingness to travel globally.
- good communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English.
Boskalis is the global market leader in the dry ocean transportation of extremely large and heavy structures. When it comes to transporting valuable cargo, Boskalis offers customized solutions. We operate the industry’s largest and most versatile fleet of semi-submersible heavy transport vessels. The sheer size and versatility of our fleet means that we are able to serve clients at short notice and to transport valuable cargoes anywhere in the world.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will work as a Project Engineer in a team of 5 Project Engineers and 5 Project Managers. You are the go-to person when it comes to in-depth project and working method specifics. Being part of different project teams, you know how to communicate on different levels, with several stakeholders in order to achieve your goals.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the Boskalis Campus Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Engineer is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply before November 30th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.