- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer at Boskalis Offshore Wind by providing technical support, insight and input during execution and tenders for Boskalis Transport and Installation (T&I) package as part of the integrated wind Balance of Plant Projects. During the tender or execution phase you have a key role in coordinating the works related to engineering preparations on the project to ensure that high-quality work will be delivered. Being part of a project or tender team you know how to communicate with stakeholders (internal; clients; and sub-contractors) to achieve your goals.
Are you looking for a company that is capable to facilitate full Balance of Plant projects in the renewable energy market, creating complex projects for which key success is in working with the right people? Then we’d like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer at Boskalis Offshore Wind:
- translating project planning into detailed planning and working methods, so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget).
- intermediate bridge between internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed.
- identify and report deviations from the contract and take appropriate measures when needed.
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer if you have:
- at least 3 years of working experience in an international, dynamic project environment involving transportation and installation of foundation structures in offshore wind.
- as a minimum Bachelor’s degrees in a technical field, preferably mechanical engineering, or maritime engineering or civil engineering or a master in offshore engineering.
- extensive knowledge of and experience with T&I works.
- willing to travel for the purpose of the project. Depending on the project this may vary from incidental basis to continue rotation to foreign intercontinental project locations.
- a good command of written and spoken English.
Planning and installation of offshore wind farms can be challenging because of harsh environmental conditions, heterogeneous soil profiles and scheduling risks. Locations are remote, waves are long and the wind turbine sizes are increasing. At Boskalis we want to be a partner our clients can rely on. Rely on our expertise, experience and commitment to execute operations safely, on time and within budget.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will work as a Project Engineer in the business unit Offshore Wind. In multidisciplinary teams you will work on the preparation, coordination and execution of T&I works.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the Boskalis Campus Papendrecht or a brought on project basis.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Engineer is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of function. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply before November 20th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.