- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
As Project Engineer you ensure that a project has the best possible start by taking care of the work preparation. During the implementation phase you have a key role in coordinating and managing the workload on the project to ensure that high-quality work is delivered on time and in accordance with contractual agreements.
Boskalis Seabed Intervention delivers integrated solutions for subsea infrastructure related projects in the offshore energy market, i.e. oil & gas and renewables. Seabed Intervention focuses on providing integrated solutions for the installation, protection/stabilization of nearshore pipeline systems for oil and gas import terminals, including landfall construction, trenching/backfilling and subsea rock installation services. In addition, we offer integrated transport & installation services for Gravity Based Structure such as DolWin 2. Seabed Intervention is the global partner of choice for creative and sustainable solutions at an optimum total cost of ownership for our clients.
In this role your main responsibility is that engineering work is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe. During project preparation you make sure any interface between engineering, operations and QHSE is covered. During project execution you assist either on the vessel or on the site office. You will also manage several kind of subcontractors.
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer
- Translating contract requirements into detailed planning and working methods, so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget).
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed.
- Persuading external customers of the feasibility and safety of the proposed solution / method and the resulting specifications.
- Defining the engineering scope for small projects or parts of complex projects, including staffing, planning and budgeting. Supervising and assessing work of colleagues, subcontractors and customers to ensure that projects and designs are executed in accordance with requirements.
- Reporting progress to internal and external customers. Timely identification of deviations in time, engineering resource demand, quality or cost, compared to engineering planning, requirements and budget.
- Participation in continuous improvement of department processes and procedures and evaluation of the engineering process.
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer if you will have:
- A Bachelor’s in a technical field, preferably civil engineering, or maritime engineering or technical engineering.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables), maritime and/or dredging environment.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- No problem working around the world on a fairly regular basis.
- You have a preference doing your preparation for work at our office in Papendrecht and on projects worldwide. You have a work permit for in the Netherlands.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board’s focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running and for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: you will work in various teams around the world. One thing you know for sure you will always work with colleagues that belong to the best in their field.
- Where you will work: as a global company we work all over the world and that’s also your playground.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Engineer is a fulltime job (40 hours).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of function. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.