Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Are you a technician with experience in the offshore sector and/or a maritime environment? Are you process-minded and would you add value in streamlining client procedures? Does being involved in high-end subsea projects in the Netherlands or abroad sound like your kind of thing and do you want to (help) ensure that our level of professionalism increases? And is it also important for you to be able to develop your career at a leading global company? Then apply now for the job of Project Engineer at Boskalis Subsea!
As a Project Engineer, you will be working alongside around 50 colleagues for the Project Engineering department of Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles in Papendrecht, part of the Offshore Energy division. Depending on your exact role and the type and phase of the project you will spend part of your time working at project sites in the Netherlands and abroad, both on- and offshore. As a Project Engineer, you will be part of a project team for subsea projects or join a tender team for a defined period. You are a strong communicator and are comfortable communicating on different levels within an organization. In your role as Project Engineer, you will hold technical responsibility for one or several work packages within a project or tender, thereby covering the internal and external interfaces between engineering, operations, SHE-Q, and subcontractors.
Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles is specialized in the installation and burial of subsea power cables, Balance of Plant maintenance contracts for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation for the oil & gas market and the installation of interconnectors. We provide added value with our robust end-to-end project management and multidisciplinary grid-to-grid solutions.
The job of Project Engineer is broad and very varied. Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• translating the client request into the best possible economic and technical design and working method.
• using your technical knowledge to advise project and line managers during tenders, project preparation, and execution.
• supporting the engineering cycle for trenching projects, drafting, translating tender requirements and developing planning into an optimal economic and technical design.
• preparing and constantly updating technical and operational documentation throughout the project.
• safeguarding and improving the execution of engineering processes and procedures.
• having contract knowledge and applying it to the work.
• preparing reports on the progress of your work packages and documenting suggestions for improvement for future projects.
You will be responsible for writing client procedures and you will commit 100% to ensure projects or tenders are successful. You will play an active role in Field Engineering, but will also translate this into procedures. Quality and safety are always your top priorities and you are by nature a methodical worker. You are good at working independently but are also a nice colleague who enjoys collaborating as part of a good team. In addition, you are a reliable and skilled sparring partner for both clients and colleagues.
In addition, you will:
• have at least a higher vocational education (HBO) degree in a technical discipline, for example, Mechanical Engineering
• has at least three years of relevant work experience in the offshore- and/or a maritime environment, with experience in the renewables sector giving you an edge.
• a strong background in writing- and implementing working procedures.
• have in-depth knowledge of ICT office and planning applications and basic knowledge of drawing applications.
• experience with sensors and surveying is a plus.
• have good communication skills and an excellent command of both spoken and written English.
• have no problem spending part of your time working abroad.
The job of Project Engineer is a full-time job (40 hours/week). On a day-to-day basis you will report to the project or tender manager, hierarchically you will report to the Project Engineering manager.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.