Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
As a Project Engineer, you will spend approximately 20 percent of your time working offshore at a project site. The rest of the time you will work out of the Subsea Services office in Papendrecht. The Subsea Services business unit is part of the Offshore Energy division of Boskalis. Subsea Services specializes in the inspection, repair, and maintenance (IRM) of subsea infrastructures, as well as construction and decommissioning services. The business unit is growing fast, partly due to acquisitions, and invests heavily in the development of new materials and techniques. As a Project Engineer, you will support the Project Manager in the preparation and execution of complex subsea projects. In addition, you will be responsible for subprojects, particularly for clients in the sustainable energy, oil & gas and civil engineering markets.
The job of Project Engineer is broad and very varied. But in an average working week your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Helping to ensure that all projects are delivered in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, internal guidelines, technical capabilities and according to the client’s wishes.
• Developing project procedures and documentation in the preparation phase of a project.
• Aware of project progress and results based on agreed specifications and scope. Advising where necessary.
• The recording process in clear reports and reviews.
• Providing on-site assistance during the execution phase.
• Involvement in risk assessments, from a technical/operational perspective, supporting this from office to remove work locations, if applicable.
• Involvement with procurement, subcontracting and other operational project interfaces, where required.
You are technically interested and aware with a natural inclination to work systematically and the ambition to work independently. You find it easy to switch between various internal and external parties and are willing to put all effort in to ensure that engineering projects are delivered on time and in accordance with the agreed specifications for quality and budget. Furthermore, you see it as a great opportunity to regularly spend time at project sites (offshore and/or abroad) and enjoy working in the maritime sector. In addition, you will have:
• A higher vocational education (BSc or MSc) degree in Naval Architecture, Maritime Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering.
• Willingness to learn and being a team player.
• Some relevant work experience in projects or maritime sector is welcome, but not required.
• Experience in working with Windows, Office and drawing and planning software.
• Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch would be helpful as well but is not required.
Working for Boskalis offers you:
• Being part of a professional project team
• Numerous personal development opportunities
• Work in an organization in full development where you can contribute to its growth
• Competitive benefits package
Want to know more?
The job of Project Engineer is a full-time position (40 hours a week). You will be part of an enthusiastic team of professionals, which is set to expand to a total of approximately 45 Project Engineers, globally. In everyday practice, you will report to the Project Manager.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.