- Fleet management
How you can make your mark
In the role of Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation you represent the top segment of solutions for major maritime challenges. You can imagine that Boskalis, with a fleet of 1,000 vessels and equipment, has a lot to offer you as a Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation in terms of technical challenges. In consultation with the customer, end users and other disciplines within Boskalis, you choose the best technical solution. Naturally, as a Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation you pay attention to the commercial aspects in addition to the technical aspects and coordinate these with suppliers and shipyards.
Have you been working in the maritime / offshore sector for a number of years now? Have you led projects in the field of electrical engineering, drives and automation as a project engineer? Do you want to work on groundbreaking and impactful projects, such as converting an existing heavy-cargo F-class ship into a multipurpose vessel with a 3000-ton crane? Do you not only find it challenging to remodel ships, but would you also like to work on linking unique and in-house developed automation programs to industrial automation solutions? Then we would like to talk to you about the position of Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation.
Your responsibilities as Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I)
- Analyzing the problem definition and coordinating it with the users.
- Realizing the technical (preliminary) design and writing functional specification (s).
- Request quotations, draw up outsourcing activities and manage external parties.
- Making budget calculation and monitoring the budget and the progress of the project.
- Technical inspection of designs, documents and drawings.
- Organizing and leading on-site implementation activities and managing and integrating activities during the commissioning of projects.
- Being responsible for official purchases, sea trials and final delivery of the projects.
- Maintain and apply relevant regulations regarding safety and classification of agencies.
You can make your mark as Project Manager E&I if you have:
- A completed bachelor degree in electrical engineering or industrial automation.
- At least five years of relevant work experience, preferably in the maritime / offshore sector.
- Perfect command of the Dutch and English language.
- Willingness to supervise project abroad on a rotation basis.
- The following characteristics apply to you: assertive, flexible and accurate.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, ranging from an online Pub Quiz and a virtual vessel visit, to sport sessions like Yoga and Bootcamp.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: In the role of Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation you will be part of the Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) department, part of Central Fleet Support. Within the E&I department, projects are realized in the field of electrical installations, drives, instrumentation and control for dredging and offshore installations. The projects you will be dealing with are complex and innovative. This requires a strong problem-solving ability, creativity and passion from you and your colleagues. Projects within the E&I department vary in size and time from a few weeks to two years, with realization often taking place outside the Netherlands. Your working environment is therefore both national and international.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part- time job: The position of Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation is a fulltime (40 hours a week) time job.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Project Manager Electrical & Instrumentation. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31650084128.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.