How you can make your mark
As a SHE-Q Engineer you will be part of the international SHE-Q pool of the Division Dredging & Inland Infra. The SHE-Q department facilitates and monitors the health and safety of the people who work for and with us, as well as being responsible for protecting the environment and project quality. Our philosophy on these topics is enshrined in our NINA (No Injuries, No Accidents) and WoW (Way of Working) programs. In your function you will be assigned as SHE-Q Engineer on one of our projects in France, working on a 6:4 rotation scheme (6 weeks on site followed by 4 weeks of leave). You will be the ambassador and facilitator for NINA and WoW, acting as a sparring partner to the business and providing both solicited and unsolicited advice in the areas of safety, health, environment and quality.
Boskalis is a leading global player and expert in the fields of dredging, inland infra, offshore energy and towage and salvage. As a company we have a very direct impact on shaping the world around us. With projects like broadening the Suez channel, placing and installing Wind Farms worldwide and high profile salvage operations in stressful situations we make our mark as a company. On top of that we initiate or sponsor activities like helping improve marine biodiversity or cleaning our oceans from the plastic soup.
In your role you work on project site and you take ownership in the SHE-Q process:
The job of SHE-Q Engineer is wide-ranging and varied. In an average working week your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide SHE-Q advice and support to project management, project team, subcontractors; Organizing, facilitating or executing project specific SHE-Q inductions, toolbox meetings and inspections.
- Compiling and writing project specific SHE-Q plans, deliverables and reports;
- Providing support in the area of risk management, for example risk assessments, hazard analyses and reviewing assessments and analyses during the various stages of a project.
- Building a constructive client relationship with consideration for contractual requirements.
You are a sparring partner in the area of SHE-Q, able to work independently and flexible in your planning. You have an eye for detail but never lose sight of the bigger picture. You are pro-active and you have a hands-on mentality. You are second to none when it comes to creating support for our SHE-Q philosophy among colleagues and thereby maximizing awareness of this crucial topic. In addition, you have:
- Higher Professional Education related to SHE-Q (e.g. NEBOSH diploma);
- At least around two to five years’ experience in advising and supporting organizations or projects on SHE-Q related subjects;
- Willing to work on a rotation basis abroad (6 weeks work and 4 weeks of leave);
- Experience with the Dredging industry is an advantage;
- Good command of written and spoken French and English.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Working around the world: Within Boskalis and specifically within this position you will be visiting our worldwide projects.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Your team: Operational you report to the Project Manager. Functional your report to SHE-Q management of the Division Dredging & Inland Infra.
- Where you will work: Initially on our projects in France, with later possible opportunities on our project in the world.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project SHE-Q Engineer is fulltime function
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of SHE-Q Engineer. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Recruiter via 078-6969973 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.