How you can make your mark
Are you looking for an independent job in SHE-Q and are you ready to take the second or third step in your career? Do you have a proven track record in the successful implementation and further development of a quality program? Are you someone who does well in an international and dynamic work environment? Then you are the person we are looking for to take on the job of QA/QC Manager for our Seabed Intervention Business Unit. This operational business unit is responsible for Landfalls, Subsea Rock Installation and Import & Export Facilities. Together with the Seabed Intervention Business Unit’s SHE-Q Manager you will support the business unit in the area of SHE-Q, with your focus being on quality management (QA/QC).
Our colleagues are the main key to Boskalis’ success and so their safety is our top priority. To further enhance this safety culture and achieve a working environment that is free of incidents and accidents Boskalis introduced its NINA safety philosophy. NINA stands for ‘No Injuries, No Accidents’. For more information go to https://nina.boskalis.com/home.html.
In addition Boskalis developed its Way of Working, a quality program with a uniform approach for all projects. This unique way of working provides an accessible, clear and above all client-focused approach. Both programs take a behavioral approach as a low-threshold, sustainable and unifying way to safeguard SHE-Q.
The focus of this job is on Quality management (QA/QC). The safeguarding of business processes and changing of behavior tend not to happen overnight. As a QA/QC manager you will need a great deal of creativity, empathy and perseverance to get everyone on board and keep them there. And it is not just on the projects that improvements need to be implemented; there are also challenges at business unit level with regard to optimization, integration and embedding of policy and processes. As a QA/QC manager you will be responsible for supporting this process and will play an advisory and coaching role towards various stakeholders, whilst never losing sight of the interests of the business. In performing your work you will be led by the Boskalis Way of Working quality program.
To be a successful QA/QC Manager you will need the following knowledge and experience:
- At least five years of experience in QA/QC in the oil and gas industry or the offshore industry;
- A degree at least at higher vocational education (HBO/BSc) level, preferably in Quality Management or a similar discipline;
- Basic knowledge of operational processes and project management;
- Experience and affinity with process management, risk management, systems engineering, contract management, document control, etc.;
- Experience and affinity with various project-based contract forms (lump sum, EPC, DC, FIDIC, etc.);
- Experience working for a multinational company with a diverse range of cultures and project management;
- Affinity with technology and Boskalis projects in general;
- Flexibility in terms of work location. You view it as a challenge to make regular visits to various project locations abroad;
- A Certified Lead Auditor ISO 9001 qualification or be prepared to obtain this;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 OHSAS 18001 standards and related management systems, legislation and industry developments;
- Fluent (written and spoken) Dutch and English.
Finally the following characteristics apply to you: client-focused, accessible, team player, hands-on, proactive, strongly developed intuition, professional and enterprising.
The job of QA/QC Manager is a full-time position (40 hours/week). You will be based in Papendrecht, but will also regularly travel abroad to the projects.
Operationally you will report to the Business Unit manager and functionally you will report to the manager of the SHE-Q division.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.