- Offshore Energy
As a SHE-Q Engineer you will spend most of your time at the office in the Netherlands. The SHE-Q department facilitates and monitors the health and safety of the people who work for and with us, as well as being responsible for protecting the environment and project quality. Our philosophy on these topics is enshrined in our NINA (No Injuries, No Accidents) and WoW (Way of Working) programs. In your function you are the SHE-Q Engineer for our Marine Installation operations. You will be the ambassador and facilitator for NINA and WoW, acting as a sparring partner to the business and providing both solicited and unsolicited advice in the areas of safety, health, environment and quality.
The job of SHE-Q Engineer is wide-ranging and varied. In an average working week your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the SHE-Q policy and any necessary changes to it;
- Providing advice and support to the tender, project and vessel management teams;
- Providing support in the area of risk management, for example risk assessments, hazard analyses and reviewing assessments and analyses during the various stages of a project;
- Maintaining BU specific SHE-Q documentation and Sharepoint sites;
- Maintaining and improving project and specific vessel management systems;
- Facilitating SHE-Q training sessions and workshops, NINA and WoW programs;
- Compiling and writing SHE-Q reports;
- Maintaining SHE-Q statistics for the Business Unit;
- Building relationships with subcontractors, clients and governments;
- Conducting and supervising internal and external audits (subcontractors/suppliers/clients);
- Working on (increasing) awareness with regard to safety and quality;
You are a skilled sparring partner in the area of SHE-Q, able to work independently and flexible in your planning. You have an eye for detail but never lose sight of the bigger picture. You are second to none when it comes to creating support for our SHE-Q philosophy among colleagues and thereby maximizing awareness of this crucial topic.
- Professional and intellectual level equal to higher vocational education (HBO) level and either have a NEBOSH diploma in safety and security management or environmental management or be prepared to obtain this;
- At least around two to three years’ experience in SHE-Q within the maritime/offshore industry;
- Familiar with behavioral-based safety and quality programs;
- Experienced in performing incident investigations, SHE-Q audits and the ability to engage in discussion across the full range of SHE-Q topics;
- Flexible and willing to travel and to sail with the vessels for short periods;
- Knowledge and experience working with Sharepoint and MS Office suites;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Living in the Netherlands or Belgium (or prepared to do this).
- Enthusiastic colleagues;
- Personal development opportunities;
- Challenging work environment, never a dull moment!
The job of SHE-Q Engineer is a full-time position, reporting to the SHE-Q Manager of Business Unit Marine Installation. Your performance and development will be coordinated with the SHE-Q Pool Manager. Work is performed mainly from the Papendrecht office.
Want to know more?
We are currently fully engaged in the application process.
In week 30 at the latest we will inform you about the further course of the procedure.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.