Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
Would you like to make a meaningful contribution to the health and safety of our people on a daily basis? On very diverse and prestigious maritime projects around the world? Are you really excited at the prospect of spending a lot of your time working abroad in a varied and responsible job? And do you have the skills and personality to get colleagues on board when it comes to further improvements in the area of safety, health and the environment? Then apply now for the job of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Engineer (SHE-Q Engineer) at Boskalis!
As a SHE-Q Engineer you and your colleagues will be part of the international SHE-Q pool of our SHE-Q department in Papendrecht. You will spend a considerable part of your time at the office in the Netherlands with frequent travels abroad. The SHE-Q department facilitates and monitors the health and safety of the people who work for and with us, as well as being responsible for protecting the environment and project quality. Our philosophy on these topics is enshrined in our NINA (No Injuries, No Accidents) and WoW (Way of Working) programs. In your function you are the SHE-Q Engineer for our Subsea Rock Installation operations. You will be the ambassador and facilitator for NINA and WoW, acting as a sparring partner to the business and providing both solicited and unsolicited advice in the areas of safety, health, environment and quality.
The job of SHE-Q Engineer is wide-ranging and varied. In an average working week your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing support in the area of risk management, for example risk assessments, hazard analyses and reviewing assessments and analyses during the various stages of a project;
- Building a constructive client relationship with consideration for the contractual agreements;
- Provide advice and support to the tender, project and vessel management teams;
- Implementing the SHE-Q policy and any necessary changes to it;
- Facilitating SHE-Q training sessions, NINA and WoW programs;
- Compiling and writing SHE-Q reports;
- Maintaining and improving project and specific vessel management systems;
- Building relationships with subcontractors, clients and governments;
- Conducting and supervising internal and external audits (subcontractors/suppliers/clients);
- Working on (increasing) awareness with regard to safety and quality;
You are a skilled sparring partner in the area of SHE-Q, able to work independently and flexible in your planning. You have an eye for detail but never lose sight of the bigger picture. You are second to none when it comes to creating support for our SHE-Q philosophy among colleagues and thereby maximizing awareness of this crucial topic. Furthermore you have no problem working irregular hours or spending time abroad.
- Professional and intellectual level equal to higher vocational education (HBO) level and either have a NEBOSH diploma in safety and security management or environmental management or be prepared to obtain this;
- At least around two to three years’ experience in advising and supporting projects on SHE-Q within the maritime/offshore industry;
- Familiar with IMO and offshore vessel related regulations such as ISM, MARPOL, etc.;
- Familiar with behavioral-based safety and quality programs;
- Experienced in performing incident investigations, SHE-Q audits and the ability to engage in discussion across the full range of SHE-Q topics;
- Flexible and willing to travel and sail with the vessels for short periods;
- Knowledge and experience working with Sharepoint and MS Office suites;
- Good command of written and spoken in English;
- Living in the Netherlands or Belgium.
What we offer:
- Enthusiastic colleagues;
- Opportunity to discover the world;
- Personal development opportunities;
- Challenging work environment, never a dull moment!
The job of SHE-Q Engineer is a full-time position, reporting to the SHE-Q Manager of Business Unit Installation & Intervention. Your performance and development will be coordinated with SHE-Q business unit Pool Manager. Work is performed from the Papendrecht office with frequent traveling through Europe.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.