How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as Salvage Diver, working for SMIT Salvage, one of the largest salvage companies in the world and part of the Boskalis Westminster N.V. and working closely with agents worldwide. SMIT Salvage has an extensive track record and its clients include many leading insurers.
- as a Salvage Diver, you will contribute to the operational part of emergency responses and wreck removals worldwide.
- teamwork is key in salvage activities, which take place both under and above water.
- the work consists of miscellaneous tasks like welding and cargo handling but also work on deck.
- the maintenance of salvage and diving equipment also is part of the daily activities.
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer if you have:
- Completed a maritime or technical intermediate vocational education.
- Obtained a certificate commercial diver A and B.
- A valid Diver medical certificate.
To be successful as a salvage diver, you will need a flexible approach; you never know when or where your next project will be. You adapt easily to working with different teams and you are fully proficient in English. Of course, you are happy to work irregular hours and to spend longer periods of time abroad.
SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert staff, and it can respond to incidents throughout the world 24/7. Operations are managed from four strategically located locations with respect to major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town, and Singapore. The offices have a 24-hour link to clients, ships, the other offices of the Boskalis Group and agents worldwide.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will work as a Project Engineer in the business unit Offshore Wind. In multidisciplinary teams you will work on the preparation, coordination and execution of T&I works.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the Boskalis Campus Papendrecht or a brought on project basis.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Engineer is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of function. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.