As a Salvage engineer, the world is your playground. You never know when or where a ship gets into trouble. That is why for a salvage engineer literally every day is different. It sounds like a cliché, but it is the reality. As a salvage engineer, you will have an adventurous job. When a ship is in distress, you will travel to the emergency scene with a multidisciplinary team. Once on-site, you work together with the team to repair the ship’s plant and get the systems up and running again. It is vital to salvage the vessel as quickly as possible. As well as working on actual ship salvage operations, your job also includes the following duties and responsibilities:
– assisting the technical manager and the operations manager in the selection of new salvage equipment and setting up the right maintenance procedures; – assisting the technical manager and the operations manager in the selection of new salvage equipment and setting up the right maintenance procedures;
– maintaining company owned salvage equipment;
– sharing knowledge with other engineers about complex ship’s systems;
– advising the salvage inspector and superintendent about how to break into existing ship’s systems in order to use them during the salvage operation;
– producing reports about the actions taken to get systems operational again. As you can expect from a leading international maritime service company, you will work with state-of-the-art equipment.
To be successful as a salvage engineer with SMIT Salvage, you will need a flexible approach; you never know when or where your next project will be. You adapt easily to working with different teams and you are fully proficient in English. Of course, you are happy to work irregular hours and to spend longer periods of time abroad. In addition, you have:
– a license ‘Chief Engineer All Ships’ ;
– worked for at least eight years on modern (merchant) ships;
– preferably experience with a range of different types of vessels and engine-room plants;
– a valid seafarer’s medical.
As a salvage engineer, you will be working for SMIT Salvage, one of the largest salvage companies in the world. SMIT Salvage has an extensive track record and its clients include many leading insurers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert staff, and it can respond to incidents throughout the world 24/7. Operations are managed from four strategically located locations with respect to major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town, and Singapore. The offices have a 24-hour link to clients, ships, the other offices of the Boskalis Group and agents worldwide.
– Being part of a professional project team;
– Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis;
– Working in an organization in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
– Competitive benefits package.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.