How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as Salvage Supervisor in executing salvage and wreck removal projects by coordinating, controlling and directing activities of the salvage team and third parties. You never know when or where a ship gets into trouble. That is why for a Salvage Supervisor literally every day is different. It sounds like a cliché, but it is the reality. As a Salvage Supervisor, you will have an adventurous job. When a ship is in distress, you will travel to the emergency scene with a multidisciplinary team. Once on-site, It is vital to salvage the vessel as quickly as possible.
Your responsibilities as a Salvage Supervisor
- Coordinating and monitoring of salvage operations (above and below water) during the execution phase of the project, in consultation with the Salvage Master.
- Management of equipment; signaling of defects, early identification of the need for spare parts and ordering of equipment, spare parts and other.
- Operational management of the assigned salvage execution team: employees and subcontractor staff.
- Training, coaching and assessing of Salvage Divers and Diving Foremen.
- Providing input to the tender team and project preparation with regards to methodology and planning.
You can make your mark as Salvage Supervisior if you have:
- A degree in Maritime or its equivalent discipline.
- 8 – 10 Years of experience with salvage projects.
- Sound knowledge of salvage techniques.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work on weekends and public holidays frequently, with OT and allowances compensated.
SMIT Salvage's track record is extensive and has many leading insurers are customers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert personnel and is able to respond to incidents worldwide 24/7. This is done from four locations strategically located to the major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. The offices provide a 24-hour link to customers, ships, Boskalis Group offices and agents around the world. The system guarantees an immediate response and fast service. In addition, SMIT Salvage can rely on an extensive worldwide network of cooperation agreements with partners and suppliers.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Smit Salvage!
- Your team: As a Salvage Supervisor you will work for SMIT Salvage Singapore. You will work for one of the largest salvage companies in the world. You are part of a team of 6 Salvage Supervisors. You will also work with various other colleagues who are part of the Salvage team.
- Where you will work: You will work at our office in Singapore and at project locations worldwide.
- Full-time: The Salvage Supervisor position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Procedure: You can easily apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. You will always receive an immediate confirmation of receipt by e-mail. It is not possible to apply by email, the contact form or by post. Depending on the position, we invite you for two or more job interviews. If you have successfully completed all steps, you will receive an offer from us and we would like to welcome you to Smit Salvage Singapore!
Want to know more?
Interested? Apply by filling in your details and uploading your CV and cover letter on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.