How you can make your mark
As a Salvage Diver, you will make your mark by contributing to the operational part of emergency responses and wreck removals worldwide. Teamwork is key in salvage activities, which take place both under and above water. The work consists of miscellaneous tasks like welding and cargo handling but also work on deck.
As a Salvage Diver, you will be working for SMIT Salvage, one of the largest salvage companies in the world and part of the Boskalis Westminster N.V. and working closely with agents worldwide. SMIT Salvage has an extensive track record and its clients include many leading insurers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert staff, and it can respond to incidents throughout the world 24/7. Operations are managed from four strategically located locations with respect to major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town, and Singapore. The offices have a 24-hour link to clients, ships, the other offices of the Boskalis Group and agents worldwide.
Your responsibilities as Salvage Diver
- As part of the mobile salvage team, your primary role is undertaking diving and rigging works within your capabilities as required and directed by the Salvage Master.
- Execution of other salvage activities such as: welding, cargo handling or deck support.
- Maintenance of dive equipment.
You can make your mark as Salvage Diver if you have:
- A valid Medical Dive Certificate.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Preferably good eyesight.
- Open to work on weekends and public holidays frequently, with OT and allowances compensated.
- You preferably live in Singapore and / or are allowed and able to work from Singapore.
SMIT Salvage's track record is extensive and has many leading insurers are customers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert personnel and is able to respond to incidents worldwide 24/7. This is done from four locations strategically located to the major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. The offices provide a 24-hour link to customers, ships, Boskalis Group offices and agents around the world. The system guarantees an immediate response and fast service. In addition, SMIT Salvage can rely on an extensive worldwide network of cooperation agreements with partners and suppliers.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Smit Salvage!
- Your team: As a Salvage Diver you will work for SMIT Salvage Singapore. You will work for one of the largest salvage companies in the world. You are part of a team of 19 Salvage Divers. You will also work with various other colleagues who are part of the Salvage team.
- Where you will work: You will work at our location in Singapore and at project locations worldwide.
- Full-time: The Salvage Diver position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Procedure: You can easily apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. You will always receive an immediate confirmation of receipt by e-mail. It is not possible to apply by email, the contact form or by post. Depending on the position, we invite you for two or more job interviews. If you have successfully completed all steps, you will receive an offer from us and we would like to welcome you to Smit Salvage Singapore!
Want to know more?
Interested? Apply by filling in your details and uploading your CV and cover letter on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.