How you can make your mark
As Senior Advisor & Auditor you act as a linking pin between vessels, Fleet Management Teams and Business Units concerning legislation, implementation, execution and compliance control.
Your responsibilities as Senior Advisor & Auditor are to:
- Act as focal point for all regulatory compliance, safety and security related issues.
- Advise and support the Fleet Management organization in implementing existing regulations and identify upcoming regulations put in place by the IMO.
- Manage interaction between vessels, Fleet Management Teams, Class Societies and Flag States.
- Coach the internal audit team, Nautical Superintendents, junior colleagues and interns.
- Contribute to innovation and application of innovations on board the vessels.
- Conduct internal ISM / ISPS / MLC Audits, coordinate / facilitate 3rd party audits and inspections (ISM / ISPS / MLC / CMID / OVID) and conduct / support incident investigations.
You can make your mark as Senior Advisor & Auditor if:
- You are a self-starter.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a nautical discipline.
- You are a Certified Auditor (ISO or ISM) and you are a certified Incident Investigator (Tripod Beta).
- You have in-depth knowledge of management standards such as ISM-code, ISPS-code and maritime legislation such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC.
- You are able to handle multiple projects and stakeholders professionally while maintaining a general overview.
- You are willing to actively contribute to safety on board vessels and on dredging projects and able to provide the organization with solicited and unsolicited advice.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English and/or Dutch.
- You don’t mind to travel now and then for short business trips.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, ranging from an online Pub Quiz and a virtual vessel visit, to sport sessions like Yoga and Bootcamp.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: The Nautical Department is part of the Fleet Management organization within the Dredging Division of Boskalis. You will be part of a team of 10 professionals e.g. Internal Auditors and Nautical Superintendents. You will also work with various other colleagues within Fleet Management and crew on board our dredging vessels.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule “working from home unless” is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of Senior Advisor & Auditor is a fulltime job (40 hours a week)
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Senior Advisor & Auditor. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 646042957.
Interested? Please apply before April 6 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.