How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Senior Cost Engineer by contributing to and influencing the contracts we secure as a multi-million-euro company. This gives you a great deal of impact and means that you share in the responsibility for Boskalis’ success. Think for The Veja Mate offshore wind farm in the German section of the North Sea, the Borssele project or the Ostwind 2 Grid Connection. Major projects like these provide you as a cost engineer with an ideal opportunity to contribute towards making the world more sustainable. As a senior cost engineer you will work for Boskalis Subsea Cables. Boskalis Subsea Cables is specialized in the installation and burial of subsea power cables, Balance of Plant maintenance contracts for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation for the oil & gas market and the installation of interconnectors. We provide added value with our robust end-to-end project management and multidisciplinary grid-to-grid solutions
Your responsibilities as a senior cost Engineer:
- Devising various scenarios based on the client’s requirements, technical feasibility and preparing the cost estimate or budget;
- Gathering, analyzing and managing multi-disciplinary information, and if necessary, make suggestions for different standards, calculation methods and investment decisions;
- Providing advice during risks sessions with regard to risk scenarios that apply to the tender or execution stage;
- Drawing up subsequent costing with regard to the products and services bought in;
- Arranging the tender submission documents and maintaining the estimate or budget file and the calculation database;
- Visiting colleagues and clients in the Netherlands and abroad before, during and/or after a project is executed.
You can make your mark as a senior cost engineer when you have:
- (at least) 7 years relevant work experience;
- Extensive experience with discipline relevant software and models;
- Experience with tendering, contract management and risk management
- In-depth knowledge of operational, financial and economic business processes
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Experience in Dredging, Offshore (Wind), Cables, Subsea or Marine Construction
- A higher vocational education (HBO) or university qualification in a technical subject, such as civil engineering, maritime engineering, mechanical engineering, offshore engineering or industrial engineering
- Rock-solid communicative skills, in English. The Dutch language is a plus but not required.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects. Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics.
- The position of senior cost engineer is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of a cost engineer. Please contact Iris van Laar corporate recruiter via: +31 78 6968612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.