- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Senior Marine Engineer at Boskalis Offshore Energy! As our Senior Marine Engineer, you get a lot of responsibility and have big impact on the complex projects Boskalis is known for. In these projects you are involved from tender phase to execution phase.
In the project team you are the one asking questions. You are creative and solution-oriented, think out of the box and have a pragmatic approach. You use your in-depth knowledge and enjoy supporting and guiding your junior colleagues.
The most impressive part of being Senior Marine Engineer at Boskalis? Due to the diversity of our Offshore Energy services, you get to work on various international and ‘one of a kind’ projects which often get media exposure. For example:
- Loading the fish farm Havfarm 1 onto our semi-submersible heavy transport vessel BOKA Vanguard. With a width of 60 meters and a length of 385 meters, this 36,000-ton fish farm is the largest cargo ever transported by a vessel.
- Decommissioning of the L10-C platform in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
- Transport and installation of DolWin Beta, the world’s largest High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) converter platform, in the German Bight of the North Sea.
Your responsibilities as Senior Marine Engineer:
- You evaluate the different scenarios. In order to do so you ensure you have the right information by asking critical questions.
- As soon as the working method, both commercially and technically, is agreed upon, you and your team will focus on delivering results according to set standards and objectives.
- You are the go-to person for internal and external clients when it comes to the Marine Engineering scope and you manage the agreements made.
You can make your mark as Senior Marine Engineer if you have:
- A Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as Maritime Engineering, Marine Technology, Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- More than 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Solid experience with/ knowledge of dynamic positioning, ship motions, mooring calculations and hydrodynamic loads.
- Strong communication skills. You easily take the lead in complicated conversations and have a good command of written and spoken English.
- Flexible attitude. After all, our business runs day and night. Also open to go abroad for a short period several times a year.
- Experience with relevant software such as: Orcaflex, ANSYS (-AQWA), OPTIMOOR, MATLAB, Python.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You are part of a team of 20 Transport and Marine Engineers, in the Offshore Energy Global Engineering department. You work closely together with Project Engineers, Transport Engineers and Structural Engineers. Your clients are all Boskalis Offshore Energy business units, meaning you will rapidly develop your internal network.
- Where you will work: You are based at our campus in Papendrecht. However, as a Senior Marine Engineer you will occasionally go abroad for a short period of time.
- Fulltime job: The position of Senior Marine Engineer is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive a confirmation email. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. We will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Senior Marine Engineer. Please contact Juliette Janssen, Recruiter, via phone number +31 (0)6 50 15 06 22.
Interested? Please apply before July 13th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.