How you can make your mark
Are you a mechanical engineer with extensive experience at a shipyard? Our fleet currently consists of over a thousand ships and equipment and these assets are the capital of Boskalis, together with our personnel. In the position of senior project engineer fleet development, you will play a crucial role in the quality control of this fleet and the application of technical innovations. As a world-class maritime service provider, Boskalis has the ambition to continuously innovate so that our customers have access to the most efficient and sustainable technology solution. As you can imagine this principle creates great opportunities for our Senior Project Engineer Fleet Development. Do you want to learn?
In the role of senior project engineer, you are responsible for the mechanical design and/or implementation of new construction and modification projects with a high level of technical complexity. Technology at the highest level has no secrets for you, which means that you are always able to convert a customer’s need into a feasible concept and solution, including complex specifications and budgets. You are responsible for the process of tendering and recruiting of subcontractors and suppliers. As soon as you actually start building or modifying a vessel or related equipment, you take on the role of a project manager. You manage both internal and external parties involved and you oversee aspects such as time, quality and budget. You make sure that realization, commissioning, and aftercare are guaranteed. At the end of a project, it is your job to evaluate and assess project engineers and subcontractors. In addition to carrying out new construction and modification projects, you are also troubleshooter for issues in the field of dredging equipment, offshore deck equipment, power generation.
You will become part of the Central Fleet Development Department in the role of senior project engineer fleet development. This department is part of the Business Unit for Central Fleet Support and offers technical support to the three Boskalis divisions; Dredging & Inland Infrastructure, Offshore Energy, Towage & Salvage. You work in a core team of around 25 colleagues and you make an important contribution to the design and development of Dredging, Offshore and Towage equipment or components thereof.
Being able to work both in a planned and independent way are two crucial preconditions for being successful in the role of senior project engineer fleet development. Based on your knowledge and experience you have flawless analytical skills and you are able to translate the needs of clients into feasible concepts and solutions. You switch easily in collaboration and communication with internal and external parties and you see to it that realization, commissioning and aftercare take place on time and within the agreed specifications of quality and budget.
Furthermore, you have:
• BSc or MSc course completed in the field of mechanical engineering, shipbuilding or maritime engineering;
• At least 8 years of experience within the maritime, offshore and/or dredging sector with the independent execution of new construction and modification projects and troubleshooting in the field of dredging equipment, offshore deck equipment, power generation, and propulsion systems;
• Extensive experience at a shipyard is an advantage;
• Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing;
• Your place of employment is Papendrecht and you regularly go abroad for shorter periods. Your working environment is, therefore, both national and international.
What you can expect
• Being part of a professional project team;
• Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis organization.
• Work in an organization in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
• Competitive benefits package.
We prefer to fill this position in 32-40 hours, you will be based in our head office in Papendrecht.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.